A local Government Agency in Tempe is seeking an experienced Housing Specialist to assist in their public housing division. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a housing services capacity and/or college education in social work, human services, sociology or public administration. If you are someone who is passionate about helping the public to find safe and affordable housing and providing your utmost respect and service to those needing your assistance, read on!
This is a long-term temporary opportunity lasting at least 6 Months with the potential for extensions. Interested candidates should be comfortable with contract work within public administration.
- The Salary is $20.00/hr
- Working Hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Location: Tempe, AZ 85282
- 1 Year Experience in Assisted Housing programs, Housing Revitalization programs, or Affordable Housing programs; experience with Section 8 and/or CDBG, HOME, or other housing grant programs is desirable.
- Ability to speak Spanish and English are also desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree with major course work in social work, human services, sociology, public administration, or related field.
- Certification in one of the following areas: Housing Specialist, Housing Occupancy, Housing Quality Standards
- Provides information and educates tenants, owners, and landlords regarding public housing quality standards, and housing assistance policies, rules, and regulations.
- Accepts and processes housing assistance pre-applications and applications; maintains list of applicants.
- Negotiates with and notifies owner of determinations with respect to their offers and proposals; negotiates and prepares lease agreements and contracts.
- Interviews applicants and participants to determine eligibility for housing programs; certifies financial eligibility for housing assistance programs.
- Computes tenant rent amounts and housing assistance payment amounts; processes rental assistance overpayments; maintains confidential records.
- Conducts rent reasonableness surveys.
- Schedules inspection appointments for initial tenants and annual reviews for tenants on program.
- Assist in mediating differences between participants and landlords; investigates suspected fraud or abuse.
- Public Housing Programs
- Housing Quality Standards
- Housing Assistance
- Critical Thinking
- Basic Math
- Lease Agreements
- Social Work
- Years of experience: 1 year
- Experience level:Experienced
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.