We are seeking an experienced Offset Pressman for a permanent 3rd shift opening in Batavia, IL. The position pays $27 an hour and is working from 10 pm to 6 am.
In this role, you will prepare and run Offset Printing Presses as efficiently as possible while overseeing the quality of products processed. (KBA 104 40” 7 Color Press)
• Effectively manage the employees assigned to the press
• Set up the feeder, delivery and printing units
• Monitor production run and perform required inspections and test activities
• Communicates with Supervisor and press crew the production schedule
• Continuously examine workflow and job content for ongoing efficiency improvements
• Monitor that the maintenance requirements and repair of equipment is performed at the required intervals
• Review the factory ticket to ensure adherence to specifications and any special instructions that apply to the process.
• Responsible for press make ready: Adjust press to accommodate for new product sheets being printed (set color, set in plates, set up UV unit,
• Assure that all nonconforming material is properly identified
• Report con-conformances
• Develop and execute corrective actions to non-conformances
• Assign authority to subordinates as necessary, to enable them to perform assigned responsibilities
• Provide training and support as needed to allow 2nd Pressman and Feeder to advance in their respective positions
• Assure subordinates interact and communicate with other departments in a positive manner.
· 2 years printing Experience
· Must be qualified as a 2nd Pressman and a Feeder
· Prior Use of Machines, Tools, Equipment
· Knowledgeable and able to operate KBA 104 40” 7 Color Press
· Must be able to speak, read and write English.
· Working knowledge of Offset Printing Press and mechanical aptitude.
· Must be flexible, able to work other shifts, overtime and Saturdays when needed
· Drive for Results – Employees feel that they will get the results to their concerns both personal and safety related. Managers feel that they can always get results
· Must be able to pull full skid of cut stock (weighing 1000 to 2000 lbs) from the cutter with hand truck.
· Required to lift empty pallets (weighing 25 – 40 lbs) from stack of pallets (typically 5 Ft High) and placing at end of conveyor