A Government Agency in Downtown Phoenix is seeking an experienced, highly motivated Executive Assistant to assist the Deputy Director of Programs for the Agency. The ideal Executive Assistant candidate will have experience in Assisting Senior Level Management, providing comprehensive project coordination with high-level projects, tracking, managing, and implementation. Is able to develop and maintain spreadsheets, databases, and/or tracking systems to manage project assignments. Can also perform in-depth research, making recommended changes for a variety of topics and areas including federal and state laws, policies, programs, other state operations, operating deficiencies for the department and Agency.
This is a long term temporary position up to 6 months, with potential for extension. Working hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
The salary is $18.00 an hour
Location: Phoenix, AZ 85007
- The Executive Assistant develops and implements strategies to ensure efficient day-to-day operations. Provides administrative and technical assistance to Program Administrators and staff regarding work plans and operational strategies including divisional goals, objectives, accountability, and quality across the Division. Responds to inquiries from the public and private sector.
- Tracks and follows up on all assignments on behalf of the Deputy Director; assesses, assigns, coordinates, tracks, and finalizes resolution/response with Deputy Director or assigned staff; and submits response as needed.
- Performs complex administrative and secretarial duties such as preparing correspondence and arranging meetings with high profile figures including Federal, State and local government officials, private agencies and community groups, preparing agendas, drafting minutes, and ensuring that follow up actions are documented and tracked
- Conducts research and performs analysis on special topics as assigned; plans, analyzes, and coordinates activities with established timelines, ensuring assignments are tracked and completed within time frames.
- Works in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential assignments and situations including legal or personnel related matters
- Interacts successfully with staff members from various levels of the organization, promoting mutual respect and effective communication
- Communicates effectively, clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, including strong skills in editing, report writing and preparing correspondence
- Familiarity with risk mitigation and incident response and handling
- Operation of standard office equipment including fax, copier, and telephones
- Problem solving and managing high level projects
- Prioritizing and determining level of urgency of phone calls, emails, visitors, etc.
- Strong public relations and relationship building skills required
- Analytical skills to review and evaluate program activities and identify process improvement strategies
- Problem solving and research techniques
- Organization and project management
- The ideal candidate will have a combination of education and work experience showing 3 to 5 years of progressively higher-level executive or administrative responsibility with senior level advministrative experience.
- Experience in the state government is preferred.
- Works with minimal supervision, self-starter
- Proficient in using Microsoft Suite and Google Suite
If you believe you have the skills and qualifications to be the State of Arizona¿s next Executive Assistant please apply online now!
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.