Summer Research Intern, protein science / purification
- $22 to $26 Hourly
Exciting opportunity to gain real world, industry experience as a summer intern working with a global pharmaceutical company!
Position type: Summer internship, 2 mos.
This intern will gain hands on experience working with chromatographic equipment and various biophysical and biochemical characterization methods. Depending on the intern's interests, they may focus on biochemical underpinnings that determine a successful purification, compare novel capsids, or explore new ways to analyze or characterize methods. This will include:
- Protein purification and column chromatography
- AKTA and other liquid handling automation
- Dynamic light scattering, ELISA, PCR based methods
- Cell culture and expression methods
The intern's initial focus will be spent on understanding purification using the AKTA systems and broaden in scope to target their areas of interest.
The first few weeks, the intern will develop proficiency with AKTA instrumentation and purification workflows. As this level of self-sufficiency is achieved, they will work with their manager and stakeholders to identify a problem or area of focus that needs further exploration, and subsequently develop and execute a plan to achieve these goals. The last few weeks will be spent organizing and condensing their work and findings into an accessible and insightful capstone presentation to a broader audience.
Throughout their time at the client, the intern will be expected and encouraged to pick up techniques and skills as they see fit to contribute to company projects and further their career. Additionally, a large part of this role may involve communicating with other parts of the company including engineering and process groups locally and abroad.
- Pursuing a Bachelors degree (BS) in science or engineering with a background in protein science, protein purification, or biophysics preferred.
- Must have an interest in pursuing a career in Life Sciences / Biotech / Pharmaceuticals
- Ability to manage workload effectively including planning, organizing, prioritizing, and meeting deadlines
Randstad Life Sciences
South San Francisco, CA 94080 USASouth San Francisco, CA
ScienceView All Randstad Life Sciences Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.