Specialized Laboratory Technician
Randstad Life Sciences
Los Angeles, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Manufacturing Technician supports all experimental aspects of process development studies, prepares and manages necessary documents and helps in reporting the experimental data, provides hands on support to other operations such as product manufacturing and quality control, supports in the optimization and scaling of production processes and provides training to other technicians.
- Performs moderate to complex specific laboratory procedures, testing etc., utilizing techniques and technology related to specialized scientific field. (e.g., prepare regular and special media formulations; produce grow or culture microbiological materials; performs Elisa plate testing with consistent high quality test results, etc.)
- Performs other highly specialized laboratory tests as appropriate.
- Complies with any quality control policies and procedures and maintains required documentation.
- Maintains a safe environment in accordance with standards, policies and safety regulations. Ensures compliance with infection control policies.
- Handles and disposes of hazardous and non-hazardous materials in accordance with safety protocols.
- Maintains and calibrates laboratory equipment. Performs or arranges for basic repairs. May alter equipment to meet experiment requirements. Makes recommendations for equipment acquisitions.
- Creates and maintains databases and/or spreadsheets to manage and process information or data.
- May supervise unit employees and/or student workers as assigned. Trains and provides additional instruction as required. Schedules, assigns, and prioritizes workloads on a daily basis.
- Sets appropriate goals and deadlines. Ensures timely completion of unit's work. Assigns and oversees progress of special projects for staff and student workers.
- Assists in budget preparation by gathering historical data in a limited area, such as materials and supplies or salaries. Tracks and monitors assigned budget expenditures and reports on variances.
- Organizes and maintains supplies. Monitors inventory levels, maintains records of supplies and equipment, and prepares purchase orders as needed. Provides advice on equipment upgrades and acquisitions.
- Trains investigators and students in specialized laboratory techniques. Provides technical consulting in area of expertise. Assists in protocol or policy development.
- Keeps informed of developments in field. Reads journals and other relevant publications, attends professional association meetings and seminars as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Successful Candidates Must Demonstrate:
- Degree in directly related specialized scientific field.
- Previous specialized laboratory experience, knowledgeable in use of specialized laboratory equipment. Working knowledge of lab procedures, techniques and testing related to specialized scientific field.
- Strong communication and writing skills with demonstrated ability to work as an individual contributor and in a dynamic team environment.
One of the best companies to work for in the area!
Randstad Life Sciences
1 Main StreetLos Angeles, CA
HealthcareView all jobs at Randstad Life Sciences
Get fresh Manufacturing Process Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!