Permanent position: Immediate opening in the Chicopee, MA area, for a VDC Coordinator, specializing in mechanical systems for commercial buildings. This person will coordinate layout and fabrication drawings for Plumbing, HVAC and Process Systems using CAD and clash detection software for improved layout, routing and interference avoidance.
location: Springfield, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Production of coordination/shop/fabrication drawings; research of contract drawings and RFI suggestions - prepare accurate fabrication drawings piping and plumbing systems and associated equipment as well as BOMs for both fabrication and coordination drawings.
- Drawing layouts including, complex piping systems, mechanical rooms, hanger drawings, pad locations, sleeves and insert drawings, final connections, isometrics, and anchors; uses clash detection software during coordination process
- Coordinate complete systems from underground to roof and understand how each system is to work - multi level mechanical rooms, underground systems, and distribution systems and develop sketches and or solutions to coordination issues
- Review equipment submittals for the proper size, quantity and arrangement and use this information in the layout and coordination of the space and/or system.
- AS or BS in Engineering or Design
- 3+ years experience with commercial mechanical systems, MEP, construction etc..
- AutoCAD, Clash Detection, BIM Software experience - exrience with one or more of the following, preferred - AutoCAD MEP, AutoCAD Fabrication, Revit, BIM, Navisworks
- This is a direct role and company sponsored benefits will be provided.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.