Senior Cost Estimator
Randstad Engineering Chula Vista, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
A Senior Cost Estimator is needed for a major U.S. defense contractor and industrial corporation with core manufacturing concentrations in weapons and military and commercial electronics in the Chula Vista, CA area. We are looking for a Senior Cost Estimator who will be responsible for understanding product configuration, generating recurring and non-recurring cost estimates in support of new business proposals, supplier negotiations, customer change-order pricing and should-cost BOM development.
location: Chula Vista, California
job type: Contract
salary: $23.26 - 36.83 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering background.
- Knowledge of different material properties (working with metallics vs composites).
- Knowledge of SAP a plus
- Previous experience in cost estimation.
- Experience Team Center & Catia V5
- Understanding of labor & overhead rates, standard-to- actual ratios, & material factors.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel proficiency
- Familiar with aerospace manufacturing product flow, work instructions and tool families
- Experience in Manufacturing Processes.
- Understanding of non-recurring and manufacturing labor processes and material utilization.
- strong knowledge in part production cycle times, material utilization and Bill of Materials (BOM).
- Familiar with product structure & reading engineering drawings and model viewing & measurements.
- Able to communicate and present cost data information to leadership.
- MS Excel-Pivot Tables, Lookups
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
- Cost Estimation
- Catia V5
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
AddressChula Vista, CA
ConstructionView all jobs at Randstad Engineering