Randstad Engineering San Diego, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client in San Diego, CA is looking for a Research Associate to start the first week of September. You will conduct, analyze, and present experiments and work in collaboration with other teammates!
location: San Diego, California
job type: Contract
salary: $28.00 - 28.25 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Conduct, analyze, and present experiments under general direction of supervisor, and in collaboration with other team members.
- Perform routine experimental procedures using standard laboratory equipment including UV-VIS, fluorescence plate readers, PCR, qPCR, gel electrophoresis.
- Independently run assays and instrumentation related to Illumina's sequencing technology
- Collaborate with all functions within a project team structure (e.g. technical, bioinformatics, and software) to develop new products.
- Conduct predefined analyses using simple Excel functions and graphing procedures
- Help write experimental protocols, summaries and reports in a timely manner.
- Support team with lab organization tasks and other duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in biology, biochemistry, or chemistry with 1-4 years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Solid understanding of Scientific principles with a sound foundation in molecular biology, biochemistry, and chemistry.
- Hands on experience with DNA and RNA extraction, qualification, and amplification methods. Familiar with RNA and Pre-PCR best laboratory practices.
- Practical experience with NGS library prep assays and sequencing platforms
- Able to work independently with minimum guidance from managers.
- Ability to perform experiments, analyze large data sets, and interpret results.
- Highly adaptive to changing project scopes and responsibilities.
- Detail-oriented, with proven ability to implement protocols and think innovatively toward troubleshooting and solving problems effectively and efficiently.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, team oriented with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to effectively multitask and advance various projects simultaneously.
- assays, biology, biochemistry, chemistry, RNA, PCR, laboratory, NGS library prep assays, data sets, molecular
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
AddressSan Diego, CA
ScienceView all jobs at Randstad Engineering