Principal Systems Engineer
Randstad Engineering Carrollton, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
A Principal Systems Engineer is needed for one of the world's largest suppliers of aerospace and defense products in Carrollton, TX or Pittsburgh, PA areas. Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor's degree and five years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and three years of prior relevant experience. Five (5) or more years of engineering experience in project operations, including all phases of the system development life cycle.
location: Carrollton, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $50.00 - 70.67 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Analyze, trace, and ensure adherence to system requirements on all assigned projects through the development and maintenance of the requirements traceability matrix.
- Ensure system and subsystem design meet the system requirements through development of documentation, participation in design reviews, and constant communication with other functional disciplines on assigned projects.
- Assist test engineering in the establishment of requirements tracing to test cases.
- Function as the lead technical administrator for our IBM Jazz platform hosting the DNG and RQM tools. Responsibilities include issue resolution with IBM on tool functionality.
- Develop and conduct requirements management training for our engineering staff.
- Lead for the development of all related requirements management work procedures.
- Follow all Company ISO, CMMI, and engineering policies and procedures in performing day to day activities on assigned projects.
- Proven domain knowledge and knowledge of products, systems, industry best practices, and applicable regulatory requirements on assigned projects.
- Assist business development with bid and proposal opportunities through development of requirements compliance matrices, technical solution, cost estimation, and proposal documentation.
- Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor's degree and five years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and three years of prior relevant experience.
- Five (5) or more years of engineering experience in project operations, including all phases of the system development life cycle.
- Five (5) or more years of experience managing system requirements.
- System Administration experience for the IBM DNG/RQM tools.
We design and deploy software centric products and systems.
Experience in the following areas is desired:
- System and network architecture and design.
- Microsoft operating systems.
- Relational databases, such as Oracle.
- Microsoft Active Directory.
- Software Development Life Cycles (emphasis on Agile).
- Systems Engineering V-Model.
- Cybersecurity policies and procedures.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
- Project Operations
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
TechnologyView all jobs at Randstad Engineering