Randstad Engineering Haverhill, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $28 to $34 Hourly
Fortune 250 leading manufacturer is seeking a Buyer to join their team. This position is contract but has the opportunity to go full time permanent. Hourly pay: $28-34/hour depending on experience
location: Haverhill, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $28 - 34 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Identifies and recommends suppliers by investigating potential suppliers, researching parts, equipment, machinery, services, and materials availability.
- Conducts supplier site visits and evaluates them as to production capability, performance, delivery, and other key business criteria.
- May complete supplier certification as part of a technical and/or quality team.
- Purchases parts, equipment, and materials by preparing request for quotations and submitting purchase orders with approved suppliers.
- Issues purchase orders and agreements that accurately reflect price, schedule, terms, and conditions as negotiated with suppliers.
- Maintains accurate lead times for assigned commodities.
- Evaluates bids for standard and non-standard items. Selects suppliers for lower cost items or items of limited scope and complexity and negotiates price, delivery, quality and service.
- Develops alternate sources of supply by identifying and researching prospective suppliers.
- Monitors and evaluates supplier performance.
- Advises appropriate personnel of impending supplier failure to fulfill contractual agreements that may delay production or delivery.
- Resolves shipment quality discrepancies by mediating supplier/manufacturing issues.
- Facilitates the resolution of issues by arranging and participating in conferences between suppliers and company personnel.
- Negotiates and settles damage claims, rejections, losses, return of materials, over-shipments, cancellations and engineering changes with suppliers. Provides parts, equipment, and materials information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities and provides suggestions for cost reduction and improved efficiency.
- Complies with federal, state, and aerospace industry regulations; ensures adherence to requirements and advises management on needed actions.
- Complies with Government/Commercial Practices Manual (GPM/CPM) policies and procedures.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Purchasing / Procurement
- Supply Chain
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
BusinessView all jobs at Randstad Engineering