Randstad, in partnership with Bayer Crop Science has an immediate position open for a Greenhouse Tech. Bayer is one of the world's leading agricultural technology companies. They are a company committed to innovation, focused on working with farmers to help them produce more with fewer natural resources.
As a greenhouse Tech you will perform duties in a greenhouse environment such as seeding, watering, thinning of plants, moving of plants and assist with spraying of plants.
- Activities will require bending and lifting, long periods of sitting or standing.
- Extended hours or shift work may be requested during the peak seasons. Ability to work weekends and holidays, as assigned.
- Must be able to read and write, to understand verbal and written task and safety instructions delivered in English, and to perform assigned tasks accurately.
- Proficient with current technology (smartphone or tablet).
- Must be able to adhere to all Bayer SOPs when carrying out assigned tasks and to support all site safety requirements.
- Must be able to function as a team member, and to take daily direction from supervisors and managers.
- This team handles plants once they enter the greenhouse.
- Climate in greenhouse is upper 80’s with high humidity.
- This team works less with automation and more hands on/manual labor.
- Must be able to walk up to 5+ miles/day.
- Must be a fast learner.
- Fast paced environment.
- Flexible to change tasks multiple times a day.
Employing over 6,500 recruiting experts through approximately 1,100 offices and client-dedicated locations, Randstad North America provides outsourcing, staffing, consulting and workforce solutions within the areas of engineering, finance and accounting, healthcare, human resources, IT, legal, life sciences, manufacturing and logistics, office and administration and sales and marketing. Learn more at www.randstadusa.com.
The Randstad Group is a global leader in the HR services industry and specialized in solutions in the field of flexible work and human resources services. We support people and organizations in realizing their true potential. Our services range from regular temporary Staffing and permanent placements to Inhouse Services, Professionals, and HR Solutions (including Recruitment Process Outsourcing, Managed Services Programs, and outplacement). At year-end 2017, Randstad had 38,331 corporate employees and 4,858 branches and Inhouse locations in 39 countries around the world. In 2017, Randstad generated revenue of € 23.3 billion. Randstad was founded in 1960 and is headquartered in Diemen, the Netherlands. Randstad N.V. is listed on the NYSE Euronext Amsterdam, where options for stocks in Randstad are also traded. For more information, see https://www.randstad.com/.