Random Bit provides IT consulting, staffing, and solutioning services. We promote a culture of integrity, honesty and accountability in execution of our duties and encourage creative problem solving and the expression of ideas in a mutually respectful manner.
The Infrastructure Architect is a seasoned professional with experience in assessing, designing, and improving enterprise infrastructure solutions across multiple technologies. The successful candidate will have a strong background in scalable, highly available infrastructure that support complex projects, directly interacting with senior management across business, architecture, development, and quality assurance staff.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assess infrastructure vulnerabilities that will impact the efficiency and availability of enterprise solutions in an operational environment.
- Interact with technical staff to assess the needs of development projects across the enterprise.
- Design and oversee technical development of components across the Medicaid enterprise.
- Participate in the solutioning of the development and integration of components across Portal, ESB, and NoSQL database technologies.
- Ensure that application solutions are properly secured, according to Identity Management and Access control standards.
- Interact with subject matter experts and technical staff to collect information, prepare solution designs, and use cases.
- Work closely with Project Manager to meet project milestones, provide periodic updates and help overcome project impediments.
- Demonstrated architectural experience with multiple technical disciplines, including storage, network, compute, voice, video and application development, across lines of business or entire infrastructure domains
- Ability to effectively communicate, influence and build relationships across a wide audience of business leaders, technical professionals, third party partners, and regulatory entities as needed.
- The ideal candidate is an established visionary leader with the personal and professional skills to direct both complexity and ambiguity in an environment similar in scale and complexity.
- Success in the role would include continuous improvement and maturing the infrastructure and architecture discipline, ensuring a stellar record of availability (Infrastructure) for the business
- Strong background in influencing the Enterprise Architecture partners regarding governance and providing strategic technical leadership as the needs of the business evolve.
Required Experience and Skills:
- At least 8+ years experience as infrastructure architect
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture in the Health and Human Services sector.
- Experience in the Linux / Java environment including the networking implications of implementing a high-availability solution.
- Exposure to the Oracle Fusion middleware stack (Oracle Service Bus, Oracle SOA, Oracle Data Integrator).
- Proven experience working with Big Data and NoSQL technologies.
- Desired – Experience with Identity and Access Management technologies.
- Desired - Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- Desired – experience with TOGAF or ZACHMAN architecture frameworks.
- Desired – experience with NIST and MARS-E information security frameworks.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts.
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to collaborate closely with others
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (computer science, business administration, or related field)
Full-time, W2 with competitive salary and benefits. Will also consider 1099 employees.