Data Architect interested in Cloud Architecture
- Expired: November 06, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you an experienced Data Architect looking to shift your professional focus to cloud solution architecture? We are looking for an IT professional with strong data architecture experience who wishes to become a cloud solution architect. This role would focus on cloud solutions and less on data architecture. Random Bit will help train you to make this move. We are growing our cloud solution architecture team and need team members who are serious about growing their careers!
Data Architects interested in moving into Cloud Solution Architecture
Random Bit LLC is a limited liability corporation based in North Carolina and was established in 2012 to provide expert Information Technology (IT) consulting services to state governments. Since then, we established ourselves as a specialty consultancy company that provides outstanding technical consulting services in enterprise architecture, solution architecture, information security, cloud transformation, and compliance framework solutions. Random Bit developed a consulting method, including tools and teams, that has proven successful in both the health and human services system modernization space as well as in the private sector.
We engage our staff and clients to promote a culture of excellence, integrity, and responsibility in execution of our duties while encouraging creative problem solving and the expression of ideas in a mutually respectful manner.
We are currently guiding several large customers through complex change initiatives that involve redesigning legacy on-prem custom business applications to the AWS cloud using cloud-native technologies.
Are you an experienced Data Architect looking to add cloud solution architecture skills to your professional toolkit? We are looking for you!Responsibilities and Duties
The Data Architect will be embedded with technical cloud solution architecture teams tasked with developing and overseeing the implementation of cloud-native solution architectures for government clients. The Data Architect will assume a leadership role in the solution architecture team, providing essential Data Management and Architecture expertise while also continuously developing their experience and expertise in cloud solution architectures.
Cloud-native solutions being architected and overseen by the cloud solution architecture team may include data hubs and warehouses, integration hubs, service buses, APIs, business rules engines, data analysis and reporting solutions, and user-facing web applications. The Data Architect’s role on the team will be twofold and grow over time: Initially, they will ensure that the Data Management aspects of team deliverables meet all applicable requirements and comply with industry best practices in Data Management. Ultimately, they will develop and demonstrate the ability to coordinate and lead the entire solution architecture team to ensure that it delivers data-centric value to clients with robust, supportable, cost-effective, and secure manner with cloud-native solution architectures.
- Assess the enterprise’s internal and external data and design blueprint to manage the available data
- Design, develop and maintain an enterprise data warehouse based on an understanding of business and customer requirements
- Code front-end and back-end code at the request of project management including writing code behind and SQL queries and stored procedures
- Code, install, and debug stored procedures using appropriate tools or editors. Troubleshooting complex queries and stored procedures for optimal system performance
- Model data management processes based on user requirements, test cases, and development objectives
- Create back up plan to cater for the data needs of the company in times of emergency or cyber attack
- Develop system reports using industry standard tools such as Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Design, develop and facilitate the exchange of data with external data systems
- Develop database solutions to store and retrieve company information
- Install and configure information systems to ensure functionality
- Analyze structural requirements for new software and applications
- Migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions
- Meld existing data architecture with new ones as technology emerges
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
- Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements
- Optimize new and current database systems
- Ensure the protection of data from unauthorized person
- Coordinate with the Data Science department to identify future needs and requirements
- Provide operational support for Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Accurately estimate work and meet deadlines
- Managing and building upon client relationships
Qualifications and Skills Must have some combination of these skills
- A candidate with (2-3) years of experience in a Data Architect role, who has attained a BS degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, or another quantitative field. They should also have experience in the following:
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra
- Experience with Graph databases
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with cloud services (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements
- Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
- Experience using data analysis/visualization tools for project analysis such as Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Knowledge of data processing systems, concepts and methodologies
- Ability to assess customer goals, needs, and interests with respect to the appropriateness of information technology solution options
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customers, business teams, and technical colleagues
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Very strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Skill in presenting ideas, including oral and written reports
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
- Ability to multi-task and maintain organization in a fast-paced environment
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Preferred experience in state or local government and health care or human services
- Preferred Medicaid experience
Type and Location:
- Full-time, W2 with competitive salary and benefits
- Position can be remote
- All work is expected to be done during office hours in the Eastern time zone
Get fresh Cloud Data Architect jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.