AWS Solution Architect
- Posted: 1 day ago
Are you an experienced AWS/Cloud Architect with a development background looking to apply your skills in an environment where you can make an immediate contribution to a complex change initiative using cloud-native technologies?
Have you worked in Enterprise Development (aka Java or .NET) and are you looking to apply the skillset to AWS Architecture? We are NOT looking for candidates with a background in Infrastructure or DevOps.
Are you looking for a 100% remote position with a company that values your contributions, provides opportunities to grow your skillset, and that respects the need for work/life balance?
If so, Random Bit is looking for passionate and experienced AWS Solution Architects to join our team.
What you will do
The AWS Solution Architect provides both leadership and subject matter expertise to development and implementation teams who are building cloud-native solutions that include the data integration platform and the cloud migration of existing workloads. Other responsibilities include:
- Lead in the architecture, design, evaluation, testing, and prototyping of the cloud-native components, providing proactive guidance, and mentoring to technical teams
- Support establishing engineering standards and the creation and capturing of implementation patterns across the enterprise
- Work collaboratively with the enterprise architects and product owner(s) that develop and maintain the application portfolio roadmap and backlog
- Architect and design AWS cloud-native application components in accordance with given Technical Reference Architecture (TRA) standards
- Develop solution prototypes to demonstrate suitability and interoperability of chosen components, and to establish patterns for adoption by development team members
Required Experience (combination of these is necessary)
The AWS Solution Architect has a background in large-system application development and design and proven experience in the design, development, and implementation of cloud application components. This position is NOT meant for the cloud Infrastructure or DevOps architect.
The architect should be able to explain the process of analyzing alternatives during the design of the solution and the reasoning for selecting the specific services over other alternatives that were available.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate, through prior experience, multiple of the following desired skills:
- 5+ years progressive IT and Business-facing experience showing job stability
- Proven, recent, experience (3+ years) in application design and engineering on Agile teams
- Proven, recent, experience (2+ years) designing and engineering AWS cloud-native applications
- Large systems application development experience with JAVA, .NET, or C#
- Experience in developing proofs of concept, or complete research and design, that supports architecture and software engineering implementation patterns
- Hand-on experience with the following AWS Services
- Lambda functions, and appropriate application
- Containerization (especially with ECS including Fargate)
- CloudFormation Templates
- AWS Developer Tools (such as CodeBuild, CodeCommit, CodeDeploy, and CodePipeline)
- AWS Solution Architect, with associated practical usage of previously mentioned services
- AWS Developer, with associated practical usage of previously mentioned services
Type and Location:
- Full-time, W2 with competitive salary and benefits
- Position can be remote
- All work is expected to be done during office hours in the Eastern time zone
Powered by JazzHR
AddressColorado Springs, CO
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?