Our client is looking for a strategic, results oriented manager to work with lawyers to manage and expand key client relationships. This is an opportunity to be part of a uniquely collaborative culture, working with a dynamic team within our global Marketing and Business Development function. This position will further develop systematic programs and initiatives to effectively manage and expand relationships with key clients by identifying and pursuing the highest value opportunities globally. This position is based in Washington, and reports to the Director of Client Relations, based in New York.
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in business, marketing, communications, or related field. MBA a plus.
- Minimum of five years of experience in professional services marketing and business development.
- Demonstrated background of accomplishment in marketing and business development. Previous law firm experience is highly desirable.
- Previous experience with a client feedback program and substantive involvement in client targeting or business generation initiatives is preferred. Experience conducting client feedback interviews is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and initiative.
- Creative, value-added orientation
- Proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively while managing tight deadlines and competing priorities.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel,PowerPoint, and Word. Facility with InterAction or Salesforce.com is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Relationship Management Program
Key deliverables include:
- Train and coach relationship managers (RMs) to meet established benchmarks and implement industry best practices for key account management.
- Develop and execute annual client plans.
- Facilitate regular meetings between RMs and key clients.
- Identify opportunities with individual clients and connect appropriate Firm lawyers to pursue these opportunities.
- Collaborate with other Marketing and BD team members to assure coordinated approaches to RM clients with key Firm initiatives.
- Analyze industry, client, and legal data to proactively identify potential client needs. Client Development and Marketing
- Coordinate efforts around new business generation with existing and new clients supporting the business strategy and related targeting initiatives across practices and industry sectors.
- Prepare client pitch materials, including responses to RFPs, and conduct preparatory sessions with lawyers prior to client meetings. Track win/loss record.
- Leverage the Firm’s Market Research team to analyze market opportunities and to assist lawyers/groups in preparation for client meetings.
- Support the Firm’s client feedback program to obtain insight on the firm's work, relationship with key organizations, and ways we can continue to improve our client service.
- Maintain and track client feedback interviews and assist with follow-up.
- Other responsibilities as assigned and required.
- Timely and regular attendance.
Rand Thompson Consultants