Plant Tissue Culture Laboratory Manager for Rancho Tissue Technologies, Inc
The tissue culture lab manager is responsible for staffing and training as well as all crop production management. The successful candidate has a strong background in all aspects of commercial tissue culture and has managed and led a team in a tissue culture lab.
- Implement and oversee production of all plant varieties to meet scheduled delivery timelines.
- Maintain material transfer and chain of custody protocols, tracking varietal inventory, ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Deliver weekly communication updates to management and customers.
- Manage and track plant inventory and ordering
- Manage related equipment and related service schedules for lab equipment including autoclaves, hoods, and other equipment
- Continuous direction of processes and management methods to generate optimum facility performance, smooth workflow, appropriates yields and efficiencies of technicians
- Maintain a safe working environment for all production employees.
- Maintain a high standard of quality and customer satisfaction with order fulfillment.
- Daily Supervision of tissue culture production employees
- Education: MS in Horticulture, plant biology, botany, Biology, Plant Science., or in a related field.
- Experience with tissue culture of succulents including agaves and aloes.
- Experience training new tissue culture technicians on appropriate tc skills including subculturing and shoot harvesting
- Preferred Experience: 3-7 years related experience in a commercial tissue culture lab.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, proficient in the following SOPs and have experience in plant inventory management.
- 2 plus years of increasingly responsible management experience in a tissue culture lab
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Critical thinking
- Active listening
- Complex problem solving
- Team player, excellent communication skills, management experience
- Ability to work effectively and in a cohesive team atmosphere with all areas
- Must be able to work in a safety aware environment
- Ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Maintain a culture of professionalism
- Comply with all company policies including confidentiality and non-disclosure
Rancho Santa Fe, California.
Range of 80k to 120k DOE
Benefits to include:
Company Paid Health Care Insurance
Paid vacation of 2 weeks per year
Major holidays are paid days off
3 paid sick days per year
Company sponsored 401K plan