Veterinary Assistant / Receptionist/ Technicians
A small animal/exotic veterinary practice in Simi Valley, CA is looking for a Veterinary Assistants/ technicians / Receptionists to care for animals and support veterinarians.
We are organized, fast paced and drama free practice that will provide you ideal work environment.
- Clean cages and bathe animals
- Sterilize and clean examination tables and rooms
- Restrain animals during examinations or vaccinations
- Administer medication prescribed by Veterinarians (e.g. by mixing it with food)
- Observe animal behavior or health condition and report to the Vet
- Handle administrative duties such as scheduling appointments or calling patients in the examination room by priority
- Keep accurate records and logs
- Reassure clients that their pets are being cared for and explain issues (e.g. lack of appointments)
- Answer, incoming/outgoing phone calls in a timely manner
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Checking in/out clients
- Be able to handle/ communicate emergency situations well
- Clear client communication
- Perform a variety of medical, administrative and clerical tasks
- Proven experience as a Veterinary Assistant or similar position working with animals
- Experience in an administrative role is a plus
- Current or former pet ownership is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- Patient and caring personality
- Ability to follow instructions properly
- Comfortable being around animals (cats, dogs, birds, reptiles etc.)
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job- bending, kneeling, lifting 40+ lb, no allergy to animals, no vision/hearing impairments
- Availability to occasionally work in emergencies
- High school diploma; a certificate from a Veterinary Assistant program is a plus
- Please note our COVID-19 considerations, you must have COVID vaccines up to date before joining the team. We ask that you do not apply if you are currently going to school. We are looking for full time employees.
- Training & Development
- Employee Pet Discount
- Opportunity to grow and become an exempt employee with more benefits.
- People without past veterinary experience will get CA learner's pay for the first 160 hours
Rancho Sequoia Animal HospitalSimi Valley, CA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.