Data Curator - Remote
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Rancho Biosciences is seeking an experienced data curator, with knowledge of CDISC standards and specifically SEND format expert knowledge for a full-time role with the company. This is a remote position, and you can work anywhere in the USA! Your primary focus will be on projects that include data curation.
This position is a remote position; whereas the employee can work from home in a quiet location with a dedicated workspace. The final job title will depend on experience.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; both independently and as a part of a team; Prioritize effectively and be flexible when projects change. Ability to communicate with supervisor to prioritize workload and determine priorities.
In this role you will:
- Curate data according to CDISC SEND and Define-XML standards.
- Help in the preparation of a Study Data Reviewer's Guide (nSDRG)
- Align data to ontologies/vocabularies
- Support the definition of new data standards, data models, terminologies, and ontologies
- Communicate strategies, ideas, goals, and progress to the team and/or to the customers
- Review and monitor work and its quality
- Collaborate frequently with data scientists and data curators
- Provide presentations that are clearly articulated, engaging and convincing
- CDISC SEND and Define-XML standards and intrinsic knowledge of data standards
- Preparation of existing experimental records into a SEND ready format CDISC standards-compliant study data submission parsing
- Nonclinical study submission package review (SEND, Define.XML, nSDRG)
- Training and consulting services on Define-XML implementation for SEND
- Describing expected content and options to guide nonclinical SDRG authors
- Supplying guidance on expressing data situations in SDRG content
- InStem, Xybion, or PDS SEND parsing products and/or knowledge of data reporting and quality control is desirable.
- Experience authoring reports and presenting results to clients
- MS Excel (R, Python, Perl, etc. is a plus)
- Analytical thinking skills and a good understanding of scientific data
- Ability to learn new software systems
- Understanding of R&D processes and the scientific data lifecycle
- Ability to adhere to timelines
- Detail-oriented and well organized, with an ability to work collaboratively/remotely
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Independently driven, hardworking and committed
- Familiarity with the FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable) data guiding principles is a plus
- Exposure to public biomedical ontologies and standards consortiums (e.g., OBI, NCI, MedDRA, MeSH, LOINC, Uberon, RxNorm, Allotrope, OHDSI, or FHIR) is a plus
- MD or PhD in Biology or related field; or Bachelor's and Master's degree with 3-5 years relevant experience