Textile Design/Administrative Assistant for Home Décor Textile Company
Founded in 1996, Ramtex, Inc. is a leading wholesale supplier of custom-created, high-end textiles for home décor clients and customers. We are looking for a dynamic, creative and highly-organized individual who will bring administrative and creative support to our fast-paced Design and Executive Departments.
The majority of your day will be spent providing administrative support to the Design Department's Creative Director with tasks such as:
- Organizing and booking travel for Creative Director, CEO, and others
- Creating spreadsheets and reports
- General clerical, office, and organizational duties
- Answering and organizing all correspondence, including email with Outlook
- Organizing current and past fabric samples both in RL and in a database
- Keeping design and production calendars current
- Traveling 2X per year to industry shows, giving oral presentations, assisting with administrative tasks, assisting reps as needed, scheduling catering/food arrangements
In the Design Department, your tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Cleaning/refining artwork in both Photoshop and (primarily) Illustrator
- Creating repeat tiles in both Photoshop and (primarily) Illustrator—you must be PROFICIENT in Illustrator as it pertains to textile design
- Creating tech packs and other design diagrams to send to our fabric mills
- Sourcing images and creating RL and digital mood boards with Pantone color references
- Creating presentation boards for various clients and reps
- Creating and maintaining collection files, past and current sample and inventory files, colorway files, source materials files, and more. Files will also be digitally organized using a database and/or Excel
- Coordinating design projects with mills (lab dips, performance tests, etc.)
- Researching trends and materials
- Researching, tracking, posting, and project mgt. in social media including Instagram and the Ramtex website
- Tracking collections (two per year) and other projects using Excel and Google Calendar
- Getting samples organized and shipped when requested
The right candidate must be able to meet the challenges of fast-paced projects, anticipate job expectations, make contributions in team settings, seek guidance when appropriate, proceed independently when suitable, and contribute to a collaborative, fun environment. This job requires HIGH levels of efficiency, energy, multi-tasking, pro-active thinking, a desire to "go the extra mile," an eye for detail, and an enjoyment of organizational tasks/duties. When we say "fast-paced, environment," we are not kidding!
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 1 year administrative experience
- Minimum 1 year CAD design experience including repeat, motif, color work, and clean-up (a master of the pen tool!) based on the Creative Director’s ideation and/or PS-IL files
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Social media skills
- Dedication to project/task initiation, implementation, completion, and follow-through
- Ability to independently anticipate and complete tasks in the design department and elsewhere
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion (non-disclosure), and deal with professionals inside and outside the company
- Strong oral presentation skills when attending industry trade shows
- Enthusiasm, a sense of humor, and an extraordinary work ethic—“motivated” will be your middle name. We need someone who sees and completes tasks and projects we didn’t even know we had!
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ years of experience assisting at the executive level
- Proficient in MS office Suite, including Excel
- Proficient in Adobe Suite and other CAD software
- Exceptional and professional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
A cover letter, resume, and portfolio samples are required when applying for this position (be sure to include your online portfolio URL if you have one). Applicants without these three documents will not be reviewed.
Please save your time and energy (and ours too!) by applying ONLY if you have admin AND Mac-based PS/IL design experience and are interested in an ENTRY LEVEL position, thank you!
-The design dept. works on Macs--if you are a PC person, do not apply.
-This job requires domestic travel 2X per year.