The Ramada by Wyndham & Sandhills Convention in North Platte is immediately hiring for the right, dynamic, results oriented General Manager with at least 3 years of GM experience.
It is conveniently located off US Highway 83. We’re just five miles from North Platte Regional Airport (LBF), Buffalo Bill Ranch State Historical Park, and Golden Spike Tower. The hotel features thoughtful amenities including free breakfast, WiFi, and parking, along with an indoor pool and gym. There is 123 guest rooms and offers pet-friendly guest rooms for an additional fee. There is a leased on-site bar and grill and 12 spacious meeting rooms for special events.
The safety and well-being of our employees is our top priority. While we are open to the public, rest assured that we have made changes to our workplace including practicing social distancing and sanitation protocols to conform with CDC guidelines.
Lead and manages hotel operations
- Demonstrate leadership and professional image to associates, guest, sales accounts, local community representatives, vendors and competitors.
- Drive a service-oriented culture throughout the hotel. Reviews guest service scores on a weekly basis. Participates and oversees all guest services brand and company programs, including the a Breakfast Meet and Greet GM Program.
- Directly responsible for the success of the housekeeping, and front office departments.
- Maximize the overall financial performance of the hotel. Approves hotel department budgets, defining and directing changes, as required. Facilitates the preparation of hotel budgets and forecasts for corporate submission and approvals.
- Directs hotel actions required to maximize profitability, increasing service levels and compliance with Hotel and Corporate policies and procedures as well as Brand Standards. This also includes ensuring that the Company Red Book procedures are followed to ensure the overall safety of all hotel patrons and employees.
- Oversees the Sales and Marketing activity and results. Leads and/or participates in sales and marketing strategy meetings. Participates in the efforts to secure business, as needed.
- Coordinates with the Revenue Manager to maintain group and transient inventory controls, Develop, monitor and adjust sales and pricing strategies, and provide critical analysis of strategies, room statistics and demand factors.
- Leads executive committee/department heads to ensure overall profit, service and team member satisfaction goals are met or exceeded.
- Speaks with and responds to guest regarding service challenges. Takes hands on approach to effectively manage the quality of customer service and guest room cleanliness.
- Facilitates hotel meetings (i.e. executive committee; staff meeting; all team member meetings, etc).
- Hires, supervises, coaches, disciplines and conducts performance evaluations for department heads and key personnel.
- Develops the skills and abilities of direct reports.
- Monitors high potential department heads and team member activity and ensures their growth within the company.
Corporate Communication and Owner Relations
- Communication with hotel owners regarding results and aligning strategic plans for the future development of their hotel.
- Communicates with a variety of corporate departments regarding implementing standards, procedures and policies. Provides feedback on company-wide initiatives.
The General Manager reports to the Sr. Vice President.
The ideal candidate for this position:
The right candidate must have at least 3 years of Hotel General Manager experience in select-service, preferably in a nationally branded hotel, and knowledge of hotel operations, sales and marketing, and human resources. Proven ability to recruit, motivate and train a team of professionals.
Candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this ad. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ramada North Platte
Why Work Here?
The Ramada is managed by a top tier management company, invested in making our next General Manager and the hotel a success.
North Platte, NE