Accounting & Finance Associate - NY
- Posted: over a month ago
Who is Ralph?
Ralph is an award-winning creative agency with offices in New York, LA, London and Tokyo that are filled with passionate people who work hard to create big ideas that inspire and innovate online. We represent a wide range of clients including Netflix, Apple TV+, Nickelodeon, Hulu, Peacock, Amazon Prime Video, Starz, Tinder, Disney+, and more.
We're a team of passionate and social creatures who value teamwork and collaboration above all. When we're in the office, we work in an open-plan environment, enjoy music, humor and aren't afraid to roll our sleeves up when we're busy. We follow the same principles working from home and strive for a tight-knit company culture while working remotely.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Accounting & Finance Associate will be an important member of the Ralph finance team, helping to achieve a smooth monthly, quarterly, and year-end close process, perform AR and AP functions, and maintain our financial records including purchases, sales, receipts & payments. The ideal candidate is a good communicator, flexible, organized, and mathematically inclined, with great analytical problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and an eagerness to learn and grow. Duties include working closely with the team to ensure the timely processing of accounts payable & receivables and support the managing director to achieve organizational efficiency.
The successful candidate will possess excellent Excel and Google Sheets skills, a solid understanding of accounting best practices, experience with all aspects of financial statement preparation, the ability to work autonomously, with a minimum of 2-4 years accounts payable experience.
Essential Job Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Work within XERO online.
- Perform all AR Functions: Invoicing, Recording Payments, Collections, and Reconciliations
- Process and record AP/vendor payments, communicate payment updates to vendors
- Manage/update weekly/monthly AP/AR, Sales, and Forecasting Reports.
- Record journal entries for payroll, pre-paids, accruals, and other entries as needed
- Analyze credit relationships through credit bureau databases
- Assist with month-end and year-end closing
- Other finance and administrative duties as required
Skills for this role:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – you will be making a first impression on our customers, vendors, and partners.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to shift seamlessly between managing multiple priorities.
- Knack for numbers
- Account Receivable collections experience - ability to be tenacious yet professional in collecting payments
- Natural inclination to dig into the details – keep asking questions until you are comfortable with your decisions
- We are a lean team where each individual has a high level of responsibility – ability to work both independently and collaboratively, excellent communication skills, and the ability to roll up your sleeves and jump into a fast-moving environment are a must.
- Passionate about adding value and growing your career.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a similar field.
- 2+ years proven experience as an Accounting Rep, or similar.
- Proficiency in accounting software like Sage, QuickBooks and XERO.
- In-depth knowledge of financial controls and accounting standards.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Superb organizational, leadership, and time management abilities.
- Good understanding of bookkeeping procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of Google Suite / MS Excel (creating spreadsheets and charts and using financial Excel functions).
- Agency experience preferred.
NYC Pay Information:
The salary range for the Staff Accountant position in our New York City office is $70,000 – $80,000/year; DOE. Benefits are included for this position.
Ralph offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), 401K Matching, Unlimited PTO, Paid Sick Time, 12 Observed/Paid Holidays, Christmas Week, Hybrid Work Week, and pre-tax commuter benefits.
Ralph is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, all applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at HR@ralphandco.com
Local NY candidates only please!
Powered by JazzHR
AddressNew York, NY
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?