- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SIGN-ON BONUS UP TO $1,200 !!!
Hybrid Work Schedule is available.
Expected Hiring Salary: $51,758 – $62,912
Raleigh Housing Authority is seeking a Human Resources Generalist to provide support to the Human Resources Division to help ensure an effective operation in support of the agency and staff. Responsibilities may cover a wide range of tasks within the human resources function but will perform some primary tasks to support the Human Resources Manager and efficiency within the division in the areas of:
- Recruitment, pre-employment screenings, on-boarding/new hire orientation.
- Providing assistance to departments as needed on panels to interview job applicants.
- Maintenance of employee database, files, and records related to hiring, benefits, terminations, leaves, promotions, transfers.
- Administration of employee benefit plans (Health, Dental, Vision, FSA/DCRA, Group Life, LTD, STD, 401k, 457, etc.).
- Invoice reconciliation of applicable employee benefit plans.
- FMLA and Worker’s Compensation administration.
- Providing assistance with employee and management training & development initiatives.
- Providing assistance with performance management.
- Compiling, analyzing and reporting data to local, state, and federal agencies as needed/required.
- Providing guidance to employees and management on a variety of HR-related topics and answering questions or helping to resolve issues that may arise.
- Interpreting, explaining, and ensuring compliance with HR laws and RHA’s Personnel Policy.
- Off-boarding employees at separation.
A valid North Carolina Driver’s License, drug testing, criminal background check and DMV check is required. Must be proficient with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with ADP Workforce Now is preferred.
DESIRABLE EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Bachelor’s degree in HR Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, or a related field from an accredited college or university. A minimum of 3 years of HR generalist experience; PHR or SPHR certification; and/or bilingual skills (English/Spanish) is preferred; or an equivalent combination of training and/or experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Raleigh Housing Authority (RHA) offers a diverse and interesting array of services that provide for various opportunities for employment and a gratifying work experience with the opportunity for growth within the agency. We offer career opportunities in the following areas: Administrative, Clerical, Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Housing Eligibility, Housing Inspections, Property Management, Contract Administration, Real Estate Development, Skilled Trades, Landscaping and Grounds, and General Maintenance.
RHA is an equal opportunity employer. We fully comply with all applicable laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, political or labor affiliation, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or genetic information.
The State of North Carolina chartered the Raleigh Housing Authority (RHA), in 1938. The first two developments constructed to replace substandard housing in the City of Raleigh were occupied in 1940 and 1941. Currently, RHA owns and manages over 1,400 public housing units and administers over 3,921 Section 8 vouchers. The occupancy rate for public housing is 99+% and the Section 8 Program is 100% utilized. There is a waiting list for both programs.
RHA has a nine-member Board of Commissioners that provides oversight for the Authority. Under HUD’s report card called the Public Housing Assessment System, RHA is rated as a “High Performer”. Our most recent score was 97 out of 100. RHA is active in the following areas:
Capital Fund Program
Housing for Seniors
Raleigh Housing Authority
900 Haynes St. RaleighRaleigh, NC
BusinessView all jobs at Raleigh Housing Authority
Get fresh Teen HR Generalist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.