Customer Application & Support Engineer / Field Service Engineer
This position will be based out of your home office, supporting our Customers in Northern California, USA (The San Francisco Bay Area) – home office must be in proximity to a major airport. If you have a passion for instrumentation and a solid background and interest in engineering, electronics, and/or physics, this is the career for you. Entry level candidates will be considered, along with candidates who have extensive hands-on experience with scientific instrumentation.
· Utilize technical and applications expertise to gather data and interpret data, and deliver solutions for the Customer’s issues
· Work directly with Raith Tech Support/Engineering and Customer Engineering to solve complex equipment and applications problems quickly and effectively
· Become an expert in supporting Raith products and provide training and support to Raith staff and Customers
· Provide first-line and second level escalation support for hardware and software related issues
· Perform instrument upgrades in the field
· Provide regular status updates to Supervisor and Customer, including accompanying documentation
· Communicate with colleagues and customers at a professional and proactive level.
· Exceptional team working and communication skills are critically important as well as the individual being solution driven and customer oriented.
· Outstanding documentation and problem solving skills.
· Experience in servicing equipment (installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs)
· Proficiency with test equipment and hands on experience with scientific instrumentation.
· A willingness to travel for business (primarily in California, and additionally to other locations in the Americas with occasional trips to international destinations)
· Advanced US Military electronics training, or a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in an Engineering, Electronics, Physics or Science related field
· Requirement for this position – Only US Citizens or valid Green Card Holders will be considered.
If you would like to explore this career opportunity, please apply by email. We will only accept applications with a PDF attachment.
Raith America, Inc. operates two locations in the United States (Islandia, NY and Troy, NY). We are a company of scientists, engineers and professionals committed to selling, installing and supporting these complex systems for our customers in the Americas. As our installation base grows, we are increasing our regional support staff and have a full-time vacancy for:
Raith America, Inc.
Why Work Here?Raith is a medium-sized, steadily growing company with over 200 employees worldwide, encouraging a team-oriented corporate culture. As a developer and manufacturer of complex nanofabrication systems we provide solutions for our customers in the fields of industry, science and basic research to enhance the quality of products and processes that shape the future of nanofabrication. Raith America, Inc. operates two locations in the United States (Islandia, NY and Troy, NY). We are a company of scientists, engineers and professionals committed to selling, installing and supporting these complex systems for our customers in the Americas. As our installation base grows, we are increasing our regional support staff and have a full-time vacancy for:
Great Company To Work For and Great Benefits
Palo Alto, CA