Customer Service Coordinator
Rails-to-Trails Conservancy (RTC) is the nation's largest trails organization-with a grassroots community more than 1 million strong-dedicated to building a nation connected by trails, reimagining public spaces to create safe ways for everyone to walk, bike and be active outdoors. Founded in 1986, Rails-to-Trails Conservancy's national office is located in Washington, D.C., with regional offices in California, Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania. For more information, visit www.railstotrails.org. Connect with RTC @railstotrails on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
The Customer Service Coordinator is a position that engages and assists Rails-to-Trails Conservancy's membership directly by manning our main phone line, several email accounts, and greeting guests to our headquarters office in Washington, DC. The Customer Service Coordinator is responsible for resolving customer inquiries, updating interactions in the donor database, updating frequently asked questions on websites.
The ideal candidate is a problem solver who can quickly trouble-shoot customer needs, find resolution, and complete the interaction in a timely manner. Must be a people person with a pleasant demeanor and an interest in trails. This position will report to the Vice President of Development and perform tasks that are overseen by the Chief Technology Officer. The Customer Service Coordinator works with staff across the organization.
This position is in our Washington, D.C. National Headquarters. This position is eligible for hybrid work schedule in accordance with RTC's policies. Proof of vaccination is required for all staff.
- Responsible for RTC membership customer service; responding to member inquiries through phone calls, email messages, and voicemails with the intention that members have a timely and positive resolution to inquiries by responding within 24-hours (business day) of contact.
- Data entry of membership information from follow-up to customer service calls, emails, etc.
- Prepare and mail in-house fulfillment items related to RTC's online merchandise and publication sales. This includes preparing shipping labels, preparing items for shipment, applying appropriate postage, and ensuring postal drop-off.
- Respond to inquiries from new members regarding missing premium items.
- Maintain Membership 'Frequently Asked Questions on website and other platforms.
- Reconcile weekly 'bad address' information from vendor and contact members to complete orders.
- Alert program leads of urgent membership or TrailLink complaints/concerns immediately; provide general customer feedback and technical issues at regular Membership meetings.
- Update the ecommerce platform when Trail Store items are out of stock.
- Assist with other Membership duties as assigned.
- Responsible for TrailLink customer service; responding to technical support inquiries through phone calls, email messages, and voicemails with the intention that users have a timely and positive resolution to inquiries by responding within 24-hours (business day) of contact
- Maintain working knowledge of the TrailLink.com website, mobile apps, and website functionality to resolve common customer support issues and identify site performance issues. Provide suggestions for TrailLink "Frequently Asked Questions" on website and other platforms
- Provide general customer feedback and technical issues at regular TrailLink meetings
- Assist with other TrailLink duties as assigned
- This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Basic Qualifications and Personal Attributes
- A minimum of 1 year of customer service experience.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills - ability to manage priorities, learn quickly, and multi-task in a rapid response environment.
- A strong interest in the mission of Rails-to-Trails to advance trail networks across the country.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work and communicate with a wide variety of individuals.
Normal office setting with low to moderate noise level. The work requires only minor physical exertion and/or physical strain.
Employer's Right: RTC reserves the right to revise, change, or reclassify this job description at any time in accordance with RTC's business needs. This job description is not an implied contract.
Commitment to Diversity
Rails-to-Trails Conservancy seeks diverse, passionate, and qualified individuals who want to make a difference in the world. RTC is an equal-opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics.
If you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
Minimum Salary $50,000.00
Rails To Trails ConservancyWashington, DC
Get fresh Customer Service Coordinator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.