Due to continuous growth, we are currently seeking a few Cloud-Native Java Developers that are fluent in both Java 8 and Spring Boot. In addition to contributing code and tangible deliverables, you will be expected to work as an advisor to help identify, educate, and foster best-in-class solutions. Creating these relationships requires strong communication skills and a passion for solving complex challenges.
- Understand our client's fast-moving business requirements
- Negotiate appropriate solutions with multiple stake-holders
- Write and maintain scalable enterprise quality software
- Build web applications using Spring Boot
- Build Microservices that connect to Oracle and NoSQL databases
- Build software components that integrate with a workflow engine and/or ESB to execute asynchronous business processes
- Manage the complete software development life cycle
- Writing functional and unit tests in order to maintain code quality
- Work with Jenkins to perform Continuous Integration
- Collaborate with other teams in order to deliver a high-performance application that contains little or no defects
- Identify new opportunities, tools, and services to enhance the custom software platform
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root cause, and proactively recommend sustainable corrective actions
Skills & Experience
- Advanced Java development experience
- Hands-on experience with Java 8 (especially streaming collections and functional interfaces)
- Hands-on experience with NoSQL technologies is a plus
- Hands-on experience with Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, and Netflix OSS is a plus
- Hands-on experience with Oracle, MySQL, ETL
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in delivering working software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience participating on an agile team
- Is self-directed and can effectively contribute with little supervision
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or another technical discipline; or equivalent work experience
We develop customized software solutions and provide software development services. We’re a specialized team of developers and architects. As such, we only bring an “A” team to the table, through hard work and a desire to lead the industry — this is our company culture — this is what sets Railroad19 apart.
At Railroad19, you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed. We are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team of remote developers across the US. (These roles are either Remote or report to offices in Universal City, CA or Englewood Cliffs, N.J.)
This is a full-time role with vacation, full benefits, and 401k. Railroad19, Inc. provides competitive compensation with excellent benefits and a great corporate culture.
No Agencies, C2C or Contractors***
(Several Locations: Remote- The United States or offices located in Universal City, CA or Englewood Cliffs, NJ)
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.