Principal Cloud Architect (Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This is a U.S. based position. The majority of the programs we support require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment.
Who we are:
Raft (https://goraft.tech) is a customer-obsessed non-traditional small business with purposeful focus on Distributed Data Systems, Platforms at Scale, and Complex Application Development, with headquarters in Reston, VA. Our range of clients include innovative federal and public agencies leveraging design thinking, cutting edge tech stack, and cloud native ecosystem. We build digital solutions that impact the lives of millions of Americans.
We're looking for an experienced Principal Cloud Architect to support our recruiting efforts and join our passionate team of high-impact problem solvers. This is a unique opportunity to help build and shape a game-changing organization where we put our customers and people first.
What we are looking for:
- 5+years of industry relevant experience
- Problem solving skills working in a collaborative team environment
- Prior experience working on VMWare ESXi. Experience migrating applications running on VMWare to EKS highly preferred
- In-depth knowledge of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools like Terraform, Pulumi, or Cross Plane to automate provisioning of all aspects of AWS Infrastructure.
- In-depth knowledge of Kubernetes including but not limited to writing custom controllers to make the lives of developers easier
- Proficiency in one of: Golang, Python, Rust.
- Experience with VMWare ESXi, AWS, Kubernetes
- Experience with Terraform – writing modules from scratch
- Bachelors in a STEM background or equivalent industry experience.
- Must be a US citizen and able to obtain and maintain a TS suitability prior to starting this position.
Our Vision Statement
We bridge the gap between humans and data through radical transparency and our obsession with the mission.
Our Customer Obsession
We will approach every deliverable like it's a product. We will adopt a customer-obsessed mentality. As we grow, and our footprint becomes larger, teams and employees will treat each other not only as teammates but customers. We must live the customer-obsessed mindset, always. This will help us scale and it will translate to the interactions that our Rafters have with their clients and other product teams that they integrate with. Our culture will enable our success and set us apart from other companies.
How do we get there?
Public-sector modernization is critical for us to live in a better world. We, at Raft, want to innovate and solve complex problems. And, if we are successful, our generation and the ones that follow us will live in a delightful, efficient, and accessible world where out-of-box thinking, and collaboration is a norm.
Raft's core philosophy is Ubuntu: I Am, Because We are. We support our "nadi" by elevating the other Rafters. We work as a hyper collaborative team where each team member brings a unique perspective, adding value that did not exist before. People make Raft special. We celebrate each other and our cognitive and cultural diversity. We are devoted to our practice of innovation and collaboration.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Raft Company Website
Get fresh Principal Cloud Architect jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.