At the beginning of October, Marcum merged in Raffa, which is now known as Raffa - Marcum's Nonprofit and Social Sector Group!
Raffa - Marcums Nonprofit and Social Sector Group is a team of dedicated professionals specifically focused on helping mission-based organizations and socially directed businesses achieve their full potential. The groups portfolio of services covers a full range of operational and strategic functions, including managed services in accounting, technology, and human capital; as well as business, succession, and sustainability planning.
Marcum LLP is one of the largest independent public accounting and advisory services firms in the nation, with offices in major business markets throughout the U.S., as well as Grand Cayman, China and Ireland. Headquartered in New York City, Marcum provides a full spectrum of traditional tax, accounting and assurance services; advisory, valuation and litigation support; and an extensive range of specialty and niche industry practices.
The Staff Auditor supports the engagement team for a variety of clients. The work of a Staff Auditor will involve travel to client sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the preparation for audit fieldwork, by assembling client document requests and participating in engagement team planning meetings.
- Performs standard audit testing in areas such as cash, investments, inventory, fixed assets, accounts payable and accrued expenses, lease obligations, expense testing, control testing of cash receipts, cash disbursements and payroll, and preparation of and/or completion of the applicable audit programs.
- Assists with the overall preparation of financial statements including the statement of cash flows and, when applicable, the schedule of federal expenditures and OMB reports.
- Assists the Senior Auditor in drafting routine correspondence, financial statement footnotes, and management letters.
- Coordinates with the Senior Auditor following fieldwork, to address any remaining client needs and to perform roll-forward procedures.
- Maintains open communication throughout an engagement with the Senior Auditor regarding budget versus actual time statuses and time requirement changes.
- A Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or other related education
- 0-2 years relevant experience; audit Internship preferred
- CPA or CPA Candidate
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
A basic understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- A basic understanding of internal controls.
Marcum works hard to keep our compensation and benefit programs competitive with todays market.
At Marcum, you'll find a competitive salary, benefits and 401(k) retirement savings plan. We care about our employees' mental and physical health, well-being and quality of life. Therefore, the firm offers a comprehensive employee benefits package that in part, includes:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & AD&D Coverage
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Employee assistance program (counseling)
- Firm-paid parking (for managers and partners) in DC
- Free parking in Rockville, MD office
- Smart Benefits program (WMATA)
- Education assistance
- Firm-paid training
- Various health and wellness programs