LAND MOBILE RADIO FIELD TECHNICIAN
Motorola Solutions Elite Service Partner, Authorized Two-Way Radio Channel Partner and Manufacturer’s Representative seeks a qualified land mobile radio field technician. This is a customer-facing position with the primary responsibility of design assistance, deployment, optimization and maintenance of land mobile radio, dispatch, and broadband PTT systems.
- Senior-level position requiring at least 5 years of experience in designing, deploying and maintaining state-of-the-art RF communications systems in commercial and public-safety arenas.
- P25 system-level experience and certifications, preferably Motorola Astro 25
- DMR experience and certifications, preferably Motorola MOTOTRBO
- Dispatch console experience and certifications, preferably Motorola, Zetron, and AVTEC
- Experience in code plug development and programming.
- Desire to stay current on latest technology developments and to build expertise in these areas as required.
- FCC License or ETA certification.
- Networking certification, e.g. A+
- Grounding experience and certification, preferably Motorola R56
- At least 1 year experience in customer-facing technical sales support.
- Ability and willingness to perform physical activities as required, such as moving heavy equipment and mounting antennas, and activities requiring extended use of fine motor skills such as RF site wire management and grounding.
- Strong interpersonal skills including a high likability factor, the ability to work in harmony and collaborate effectively with other team members, and to build strong rapport and credibility with customers.
- Strong communications skills including the ability to assist in technical sales presentations.
- Reliable and dependable with a stable personal life.
- No history of drug or alcohol abuseNo criminal record.
- No major infractions on driving record.
Radiophone Engineering is located in Springfield, MO. The company was started in 1948 as one of Motorola's first two-way radio service partners (MSS), and also became one of the originals Motorola Authorized Two-way Radio Dealers in 1988. Radiophone holds the factory's highest technical certification, Elite Service Partner, and is a leading sales organization, winning 12 Motorola Pinnacle Club and Empower Circle Awards for Sales Excellence over the past 15 years, including the 2008 #1 U.S. Eagle League dealer, 2011 Top 100 dealers worldwide, and 2017 Top 30 dealer in North America.
Radiophone designs, deploys and maintains the latest subscriber, infrastructure and broadband technologies from Motorola, including MOTOTRBO and ASTRO 25.
The company provides excellent benefits, including medical and dental insurance with Cafeteria plan, 401-K with company matching, 15 days PTO (paid time off) per year after first year (3 days PTO in year 1), and normal paid holidays.
Company Website is: www.radiophonewireless.com
Springfield, Missouri is located in the beautiful SW corner of the state known as the "Ozarks." The Springfield-Branson metro area boasts a not-to-small, not-to-large population of over 540,000 people and is consistently rated by top business publications as one of the best places to live and work in the USA. The area is home for some major corporate headquarters, including Bass Pro Shop/Cabela's, O'Reilly Automotive, Leggett & Platt, and John Q. Hammons Hotels, one of the country's top ranked regional medical centers, Cox Health Systems, and a thriving local service, medical, and tourism based economy, featuring Branson, MO, a popular vacation destination only a 30-minute drive away. The geography is rolling, tree-covered hills with several lakes and scenic river systems. Schools and healthcare are excellent. The Springfield-Branson Regional Airport hosts several major airlines that offer direct flights to and from Dallas, Chicago, Denver, Atlanta, Orlando, Las Vegas, and Charlotte to name a few making thousands of domestic and international destinations only one stop away.