Senior Electrical Engineer - Hardware
Radio Systems Corporation Knoxville, TN
- Expired: June 15, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you a maker, creator or the person that tinkers with home projects in your garage? Do you love the combination of innovation and pets in an Engineering world? Then check out our opening on our Innovations Team for the Senior Electrical Engineer (Hardware)! We are seeking a teammate to conceptualize and create electronic designs in support of the Innovation departmental forward-looking R&D projects. In this role, you will meet product design specifications and timeline requirements to help maintain our competitive advantage in inventiveness and first to market. Additionally, you will lead our technical efforts to investigate, determine feasibility, and build proof of concept prototypes to demonstrate innovative technologies. You will interact with project management, marketing, customer service, electrical and mechanical engineers, and vendors. If all of this sounds good to you, apply today!
Radio Systems Corporation Headquarters is in Knoxville, TN. Where's that you say? Let's talk about what's famous about Knoxville, TN. We have been called The Marble City and "Scruffy City", names we have embraced as our own. And what do Quentin Tarantino and Johnny Knoxville have in common? They were both born Knoxville, TN. We are the home of 1982 World's Fair and we boast of 21 craft breweries in Knoxville now. Click here for the Ale Trail. If you like to hike or camp, visit the Great Smokey Mountain National Park. Take your pick on activities from hiking to biking, our Urban Wilderness has a lot to offer. Knox County has great public school systems, no state income tax and low property taxes and cost of living. If you like outdoor art, we have Music and Shakespeare on the Square, Family Movie Nights on the Square during the summer months in lovely downtown Knoxville.
Our Company: What do you want to know? We are the world leader in pet products with PetSafe® Brand, SportDOG® Brand and Invisible Fence® Brand. PetSafe® Brand makes every product from leashes and harnesses, to water fountains and automated feeders and litter boxes. We have a goal to touch over 21 million pets, people and communities around the world annually. We serve a broad range of pet owners from providing the hunter the best gear for a successful hunt, to accommodating the Not-So-Crazy Cat Lady with all the entertaining toys and effective solutions she could ever imagine. How do we do it? By creating a vibrant and active environment within our team. We work hard to be the employer of choice in our communities and, in turn, serve those communities. At Radio Systems Corporation, teammates take the privilege of serving pets, people and community very seriously, but also have a great time doing so. Each project is approached with an attitude of enthusiasm, resilience, adaptability and teamwork.
Find out why Radio Systems Corporation is a Great Place to Work !
What you will do on our Innovations Team:
- Provide electrical concepts in support of project initiatives that will aid in the advancement of RSC product lines and broaden RSC's technical platforms and features.
- Determine electrical technical feasibility of new technology proposals.
- Develop new product specifications (wide range of technologies).
- Schematic development and PCB layout.
- Low volume PCBA builds (part-time assistance available).
- Work with Electrical/Mechanical Engineers to optimize compatibility of electrical/mechanical portions of product design
- Completes summary documentation, including research white papers.
- Work closely with the project lead throughout ideation, concept development, and feasibility testing.
- Execute the company's Intellectual Property Strategy by recognizing and disclosing inventions and supporting patent applications
- Monitor and supports designs throughout transfer from Innovations team to Engineering team
- Support development of instruction manuals, training manuals, and other consumer service information during technology transfer phase
- Actively participate in and conducts competitive product analysis
- Mentors technicians and other electrical engineers to promote growth within the organization
- Manage contract engineering consultants as needed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience/education combination with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree.
- Self-starting, self-motivated, and a goal-oriented team member.
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Altium or PADs
- Proficient user of Schematic Capture and PCB Layout software.
- Exceptional at building and testing prototype PCBA and breadboards.
- Working knowledge on use digital voltage meters, oscilloscopes, signal generators, power supplies, logic analyzers, and other standard test equipment.
- Extensive expertise in technical principles, theories, and concepts in Electrical design of products in the industry.
- Ability to travel 10% both domestically and internationally
Benefits: Working for Radio Systems definitely has its benefits. We offer a collaborative and creative team-oriented work environment where we encourage everyone to take risks to learn and grow! We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K match, company funded Health Savings Account, flexible work-life balance as well as maternity and paternity benefits. In addition, we offer a rich wellness program which includes an onsite health clinic, workout facility and of course, we encourage you to bring your dog to work, which is our whole reason for what we do!
RSC is dedicated to offering equal employment opportunity for all teammates and fostering a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. At Radio Systems Corporation, our teammates are our greatest strength. We strive to build a workforce as diverse as the customers we serve by hiring great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression and talent. We recruit and reward teammates based on capability and performance and together we are building a culture that welcomes all dimensions of an individual's identity including race, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, educational background, national origin or ancestry, religion, veteran status, or physical ability. We embrace these differences and the unique contributions each teammate brings not just because it is the right thing to do but because it makes our company stronger. While we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and a culture of belonging, we recognize that we still have more work to do and a lot more to learn. PM20
Radio Systems Corporation
ManufacturingView all jobs at Radio Systems Corporation