Director of IT Security
Radio Systems Corporation Knoxville, TN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment? Do you have a deep appreciation for the ever-changing world of cyber security? We are seeking a Director of IT Security to drive a comprehensive corporate security program reporting directly to the Chief Digital Officer. This person will be tasked with designing the multi-year cyber strategy and executing on a program, integrating disparate security groups into a mature corporate function. This role will be domiciled in Knoxville TN at our home office, or remote within driving distance with limited travel.
Radio Systems Corporation Headquarters is in Knoxville, TN. Where's that you say? Let's talk about what's famous about Knoxville, TN. We have been called The Marble City and "Scruffy City", names we have embraced as our own. And, what do Quentin Tarantino and Johnny Knoxville have in common? They were both born in Knoxville, TN. We are the home of 1982 World's Fair and we boast of 21 craft breweries in Knoxville now. Click here for the Ale Trail . If you like to hike or camp, visit the Great Smokey Mountains National Park. Take your pick on activities from hiking to biking, our Urban Wilderness has a lot to offer. Knox County has great public-school systems, no state income tax and low property taxes and cost of living.
Our Company: What do you want to know? We are the world leader in pet products with PetSafe® Brand, SportDOG® Brand and Invisible Fence® Brand. PetSafe® Brand makes every product from leashes and harnesses, to water fountains and automated feeders and litter boxes. We have a goal to touch over 21 million pets, people and communities around the world annually. We serve a broad range of pet owners from providing the hunter the best gear for a successful hunt, to accommodating the Not-So-Crazy Cat Lady with all the entertaining toys and effective solutions she could ever imagine. How do we do it? By creating a vibrant and active environment within our team. We work hard to be the employer of choice in our communities and, in turn, serve those communities. At Radio Systems Corporation, teammates take the privilege of serving pets, people and community very seriously, but also have a great time doing so. Each project is approached with an attitude of enthusiasm, resilience, adaptability and teamwork.
What you will do:
- Create and implement a strategy for the further development of long-range policies and practices for our company-wide security, including information security policies and practices to secure protected and sensitive data
- Work with other parts of the organization to establish long-range corporate policies and protocols related to our company-wide security posture, including policies and procedures that protect the organization's digital assets
- Develop and communicate guidelines and controls to mitigate risks and to ensure compliance with legal and contractual requirements, corporate security to safeguard a secure business environment
- Stay ahead of the global threat landscape and the technologies used to defend RSC's
- Track the latest technical security innovations and stay up to date with the latest cyber security technologies
- Drive change projects and build new capabilities that support a secure environment
- Effectively communicate and educate RSC's employees from all functions on the purpose and vision of our security strategies
- Work with the technical security team to provide guidance on internal/external audits as needed
- Establish and iterate on system safeguards by directing disaster preparedness development as well as conducting preparedness tests
- Advise senior leadership by identifying critical security issues and recommending risk-reduction solutions
- Advise other parts of the organization on general security topics, such as overall corporate security and physical security
- Develop an information security integration playbook to be used for new acquisitions
- The Director of IT Security serves as the process owner of all assurance activities related to the availability, integrity and confidentiality of customer, business partner, employee and business information in compliance with the organization's information security policies.
- A key element of the role is working with executive management to determine acceptable levels of risk for the organization. This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining a corporate-wide information security management program to ensure that information assets are adequately protected.
- Minimum of 8 - 12 years of experience in a combination of risk management, information security and IT / Technical Operations roles in B2C companies.
- Experience designing and implementing a corporate security function, gaining buy-in, and driving a multi-year strategy for the function
- Change management leadership, having built and operationalized corporate security programs
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, and NIST
- Experience with contract and vendor negotiations and management including managed services
- Degree in an engineering field or business administration
- Professional security management certification
- Ability to align complex technical strategy with broad business goals and objectives
- Innovative thinking and leadership with an ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams
- Specific experience in contemporary software development, and experience with CE devices a bonus.
- Experience with Cloud computing/Elastic computing across virtualized environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and high level of personal integrity
Working for Radio Systems definitely has its benefits. We offer a collaborative and creative team-oriented work environment where we encourage you to take risks to learn and grow! We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401K match. In addition, we offer a rich wellness program which includes an onsite health clinic, workout facility and of course, we encourage you to bring your dog to work, which is our whole reason for what we do! PM20
RSC is dedicated to offering equal employment opportunity for all teammates and fostering a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. At Radio Systems Corporation, our teammates are our greatest strength. We strive to build a workforce as diverse as the customers we serve by hiring great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression and talent. We recruit and reward teammates based on capability and performance and together we are building a culture that welcomes all dimensions of an individual's identity including race, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, educational background, national origin or ancestry, religion, veteran status, or physical ability. We embrace these differences and the unique contributions each teammate brings not just because it is the right thing to do but because it makes our company stronger. While we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and a culture of belonging, we recognize that we still have more work to do and a lot more to learn.
Radio Systems Corporation
TechnologyView all jobs at Radio Systems Corporation