Radiant Hospice seeks a compassionate After Hours On Call Nurse experienced with providing care to patients approaching end of life. The After Hours On Call Nurse receives calls from Hospice patients and families, assesses the needs of the patient and family, and coordinates needed care over the phone, including scheduling and making home visits as needed.
At Radiant Hospice, our focus is not on when life ends, but on providing the best quality of life. We provide personalized care to our patients, ensuring comfort and peace of mind to the patient and their family.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- Current California Registered Nurse or Vocational Nurse license.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience as a professional nurse within the last five (5) years.
- At least one (1) year of hospice or palliative care experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Expertise in pain management, symptom control, crisis intervention, and family support.
- Excellent demonstrated critical thinking skills and superior clinical judgment.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Reliable cell phone with local coverage.
- Valid driver’s license, proof of acceptable automobile insurance coverage, and reliable personal transportation.
- Ability to work independently, make accurate, and at times quick judgments.
- Ability to respond appropriately to crisis outside of a hospital setting.
- Acceptance of and adaptability to different social, racial, cultural, and religious modes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to:
- After Hours Phone Triage: The On Call Nurse receives calls from Hospice patients and families, assesses the needs of the patient and family, and coordinates needed care over the phone, including scheduling and making home visits as needed.
- Managing patients’ pain and symptoms pursuant to Physician’s Orders; obtaining changes in Orders as needed and updating the Patient’s Plan of Care and medication list accordingly.
- Assessing the patient and family’s need for a home visit and if so, scheduling and making the visit and notifying the patient and family of the expected visit time.
- Guiding, supporting and educating to Hospice patients and families over the phone.
- Ordering durable medical equipment for the patient as needed pursuant to Medical Services Policies
- Documenting all services provided in the patients electronic medical record pursuant to Radiant Hospice Protocol.
- Ensuring that all care provided is consistent with the patient’s Plan of Care
Why Work Here?Radiant Hospice offers a team approach to hospice care that supports the physical, spiritual, social and emotional needs of our patients and their families. Our team of medical professionals provides the highest quality comprehensive hospice care focused on serving the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of terminally ill patients and their loved ones. Our philosophy is to walk together with those we serve to provide the highest quality care with respect and compassion.
Team oriented, supportive environment providing compassionate care to those approaching end of life