Seeking a Customer Service Representative to join our Washington office. The Customer Service Representative will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service to our valued clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide price and availability on any standard part or item directly to customers. Including anything that can be obtained by part or model number from company’s electronic and hard copy price lists or from our principals or suppliers.
- Take and solicit orders from customers over the phone.
- Process orders from stock or directly source with suppliers.
- Expedite orders and maintain contact with customers and suppliers.
- Follow up on orders to assure critical deliveries.
- Make and maintain manual order files and general customer files.
- Resolve order problems related to delivery or paperwork issues directly with customer and inform salesperson.
- Handle all inquiries/contacts in a professional manner.
- Work in concert with outside sales by providing leads/opportunities to the team.
- Communicate with field service technicians who perform in-plant repair of customers’ equipment.
- Perform as part of a customer service team which includes two technical inside sales engineers, and two other customer service staff members.
- Responsible for logistics, including moderate warehouse operations.
- Associate’s degree is preferred or at least 3 years of professionally related work experience in distribution or manufacturing environment.
- Ability to address concerns and communicate clearly and efficiently.
- Ability to convey a positive, customer-friendly disposition.
- Ability to handle and resolve challenging problems.
- Strong organizational, communication and time management skills.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision.
- Strong customer service focus with a passion to exceed customer requirements.
- High energy, drive and sense of responsibility.