Greetings potential employee! We are a new start-up office seeking a Front Office Receptionist to grow with the practice. The job will be fast paced and you will learn a lot. The managing dentist is someone with over 12 years of experience and has consistently high reviews on Yelp and other review sites. You will do good honest work and we need someone who believes in the mission and the goals of the practice. Spanish speaking is required!
The front office receptionist is responsible for maintaining the appearance and order of the office. Additional essential job functions include:
- Greet and welcome patients.
- Maintain a neat and orderly front office including reception area.
- Check the daily schedule and post in all treatment rooms.
- Maintain front office supplies.
- Maintain and balance petty cash supply.
- Sort, organize and distribute mail.
- Prepare and mail thank-you notes to patients and referring practitioners.
- Ensure all compliance postings are current and easily available for patients.
- Ensure patients have updated all necessary paperwork prior to treatment.
- Manage recall system.
- Manage on-call patient list to fill no-shows and failed appointments.
- Collect payments from patients at the time of treatment.
- Schedule patient appointments.
- Ensure that patient records are accurate and complete and that patient confidentiality is strictly maintained.
- Monitor patient referrals to other practitioners.
- Submit information for preauthorization of benefits for proposed treatment.
- Ensure that correct coding is used to designate the diagnoses and procedures performed.
- Follow up with insurance claims and delinquent accounts.
- Maintain and monitor contracts with managed care organizations.
- Provide patient education materials.
- Maintain an appropriate office environment.
- Maintain regular, predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bonus: knowledge of Dentrix
Hourly wage will vary by experience and skill set. Employees will receive performance bonuses if realistic goals are met.
San Jose, CA