Radcliffe Moab Moab, UT
- Posted: over a month ago
POSITION TITLE: Front Desk Agent
DEPARTMENT: Front Office
REPORTS TO: Front Office Manager/ AGM/GM
JOB SUMMARY: Represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest's stay. Verifies the guest's method of payment and follows established credit-checking procedures. Answers questions about hotel and local area and attractions. Adheres to all brand standards as it relates to front office processes and procedures. Accurately posts charges to guest rooms. Communicates with all departments in the hotel to ensure an exceptional experience for the guest.
- Register guests and assigns rooms. Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
- Assists in pre-registration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
- Thoroughly understand and adheres to proper credit, check- cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Must be sales minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and offers assistance in making choices. Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Works closely with the housekeeping department in the keeping room status reports up to date and coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette.
- Performs cashiering tasks like bill/invoice settlement, posting charges to the guest, paid out's.
- Communicate services and amenities of the hotel to guests.
- Obtain proper identification for tax-exempt guests and attach the form to registration card.
- Reads and initials the pass-on log and bulletin board daily. Is aware of daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
- Attends department meetings.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager.
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures, is aware of accident prevention policies.
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area.
- Other duties as necessary and assigned by management.
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time as customary in a hotel front office environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- High School diploma or GED desired.
- Previous experience in a hotel environment or customer service required.
TourismView all jobs at Radcliffe Moab