- Posted: over a month ago
Are you a seasoned Platform Engineer looking for an exciting opportunity with one of the top digital agencies in the USA? If so, then this role is perfect for you. Rad Hires is actively recruiting for a cutting edge digital agency that crafts top notch mobile and web solutions for top startups and enterprises. Read below for more info on the role:
WE BELIEVE IN HIRING THE MOST TALENTED PEOPLE WE CAN FIND, NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE OR WHERE THEY LIVE.
We are a digital transformation agency that works with a range of startups and global brands to strategize, design, develop, and grow uniquely innovative products that provide long-term value for end users and our clients. Instead of just churning out whatever we’re asked to build, we strive to truly understand and solve our clients’ problems, ultimately building the right product the right way.
We’re selective with our clients: their values must align with ours, their concepts must excite us, and their demands must require new learnings & challenges.
At our core, we define success as running an organization that makes meaningful contributions to the clients, users, and communities that we serve, and that nurtures healthy and balanced lives for its team members.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Platforms Engineer, you’ll work in a cross-functional and collaborative environment with highly skilled and passionate team members across the globe. Your primary responsibility will be to assess, deploy, fix and reinvent the tools, services and components for web application infrastructure needs. You will also regularly help guide architectural decisions, supporting engineering leads to advocate for technical solutions that are sound, scalable, and easy to maintain.
You have a drive to continuously expand your personal and professional growth, both under the guidance and direction of your supervisor and under the continued mentorship of the lead and principal engineers you work with on projects. You will also help advance the continued growth of your team by guiding best practices and evaluating available frameworks and toolchains that help establish the technical direction for the development practices.
WHAT WE EXPECT
- 5+ years of professional software development experience with at least the last two focused on cloud infrastructure, CI/CD and DevOps
- Expert knowledge in one or more cloud platforms, especially AWS, GCP and/or Azure Cloud
- You have experience as a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) along with capacity planning, performance testing and optimization, load balancing and support escalation management
- You have considerable experience working with infrastructure management tools such as Docker, Terraform, and Ansible
- You have experience working with cache solutions and distributed task schedulers, especially Redis, Memcached, and Celery
- You are proficient in SQL data modeling and have some practical experience with PostgreSQL
- You have built HTTP/JSON APIs following RESTful guidelines and/or using GraphQL
- You are well studied in deep concepts related to data protection and security
- You have a strong understanding of agile principles and methodologies, including workflows and ceremonies
- You have been part of an agile development team and favor open communication, constant feedback and short decision paths
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Is a solid and influential communicator in both verbal and written forms
- Is by nature highly team-oriented and collaborative: believes the best work can be achieved when a talented group of smart people works effectively together
- Has a natural leadership ability with a strong capacity to mentor other less experienced developers
- Has a “never-stop-learning” attitude and a desire to develop and grow
- Has additional experience or interest in developing web applications in languages such as Python, NodeJS, Elixir, and/or Go
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Annual performance bonuses
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 12 paid holidays (days chosen by you)
- 12 paid sick or personal days per year
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options in US, UK, Canada and India
- Retirement plan available in US, UK, Canada, and India
- Annual anniversary gifts
- Monthly working from home budget for all remote employees
- Employee and client referral bonuses
- Company-supplied Apple machine
- Annual Learning & Development budgets
- Guaranteed time off for the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?