The Logistics Materials Manager will be responsible for managing the team and processes for logistics and packaging materials including: inbound and outbound truck planning/scheduling, materials receiving and inventory control, and finished goods dispatch. Working with customers, suppliers and winery staff, this role ensures all packaging supplies are on-hand, ready and appropriate for bottling projects. Responsible for finished goods and packaging materials inventory records in both the company records system (Vintrace) and the company warehouse management system (mobe3). Manages the effective flow of inventory information to other winery staff and our customers. Provides leadership, training and direction to the receiving and shipping staff. Facilitates end of run reconciliation with our production staff and coordinates optimal movement of cased goods and leftover materials.
• Plans and facilitates material flow that is synchronized with daily, weekly and monthly production schedules while optimizing site and warehouse space constraints.
• Uses customer spec sheets to maintain and manage all supplies/packaging materials in Winery tracking and warehouse management systems.
• Works with scheduling and production to ensure all materials have been properly checked/received to meet project spec sheets.
• Proactively ensures material readiness for each project and coordinates “pre-kitted” line delivery. Communicates with winery staff, customers and/or suppliers as needed if material receipts are not compliant with delivery requirements.
• Acts as central key contact for scheduling and confirming timely incoming glass deliveries.
• Manages packaging materials and finished goods warehousing locations for incoming deliveries and production finished goods put-aways.
• Facilitates end of run reconciliation process, and ensures that the team has updated both the records and warehouse management systems. Generates accurate and timely supplies and finished goods reports and communicates to customers.
• Acts as central key customer and carrier contact for outbound goods and materials and generates BOL’s/paperwork as required.
• Manages incoming and outgoing truck schedules to facilitate warehouse turns and timely delivery of product to customers.
• Leads, manages and directs the shipping and receiving functions. Schedules the shipping and receiving team to provide high levels of service to the production operations.
• Responsible for training, employee motivation, safety, and adherence to company standards of assigned employees on the team.
• Accountable for inventory control and accuracy of all supplies, and responsible for implementing appropriate cycle counting and physical inventory processes. .
• Spearheads continuous improvement initiatives that will drive better operational efficiencies and increased capacities.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Embraces and acts as role model for a company culture that strives for customer gratification, delivers high quality goods and service and promotes effective and efficient productivity through open communication and teamwork.
• Reports to Senior Supply Chain Manager
• Quality Assurance
• Cellar Operations
• Business Development
• 4 year degree desired (will consider applicable equivalent work experience however)
• Minimum of 5-7 years experience in bottling, production and supply management roles.
• Demonstrated capability in logistics planning, modeling and scheduling.
• Experience and exposure in materials management function desired.
• Computer and systems proficiency – including MS Office Suite/Excel, winery management software (ideally vinX2), and other production/materials applications.
• Customer service orientation and focus with excellent written and verbal communication skills (bi-lingual a plus).
• Proven leadership, strong interdependent partnering and ability to manage/influence people.
• Strong organization and multi-tasking required.
• Inventory and warehouse management experience desired – including layout/design for optimization of resource and space.
• Ability and desire to work collaboratively within cross-functional team environment.
• Must possess high level of accuracy, attention to detail and follow-through in all tasks.
• Salary depends on experience
Rack & Riddle is an EOE and a drug free workplace.
During their planning, they quickly realized a unique calling for Rack & Riddle — to craft the finest California sparkling wines in the French Méthode Champenoise tradition for industry clientele, as well as for their own Rack & Riddle sparkling wine label.
Faust and Lundquist harnessed their combined expertise of over 40 years in the industry to create a space for Rack & Riddle in a very niche marketplace.
Méthode Champenoise is the traditional French method of making sparkling wines, where the bubbly undergoes secondary fermentation in the bottle. It results in the highest caliber of sparkling wines. It requires an incredible amount of labor, time, and equipment. Most wineries won’t even attempt it.
Rebecca and Bruce had a vision, and knew that putting the extra care, labor, and expense into their process would result in superior sparkling wines. They knew it would set them apart.