Manager of Field Operations
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Manager of Field Operations
Reports to: Director of Field Operations
Location: Tehachapi, CA
Employment type: Full-time
Race Communications is one of California’s leading telecommunications and fiber technology companies, offering a full range of communications services and competing in over 25 markets with investments totaling $150M in recent years. Working in partnership with several public and private entities, Race focuses its efforts on building top-tier networks that service small businesses and Fortune 500 companies alike. Our comprehensive network has brought significant improvements to local entities, education, community services, and public safety across the state. In today's connected world, reliable, high-speed internet is an absolute necessity, and it is our company's mission to provide advanced communications at an affordable price. Race focuses its efforts towards building world-class fiber networks and offering gigabit internet service to communities throughout California.
The Field Operations Manager is a strong leader who is responsible for the planning and execution of all drops, installation, troubleshooting and repair activities. The Field Operations Manager will be able to build collaborative relationships with our Dispatch, Outside Service Plant, Customer Support Teams, and subcontractors to achieve optimal efficiency within our field teams (both internal and contracted) and 100% customer satisfaction.
What You’ll Do:
· Works to meet the goals set forth by the Director of Field Operations to support specific objectives for the Field Operations sub-function within the Customer Support Group.
· Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
· Manages all field related operations to maintain the integrity of the Race network and assures quality and consistency of voice, video, and data to customers.
· Provides oversight of contract labor management including adherence to scope of work and quality standards.
· Leads, trains, and develops all Supervisors, Technicians, and other associates
· Responsible for all aspects of Field Operations within a defined geographical/market area
· Through supervisor, establishes and maintains an efficient daily Technician workload and meets KPI (key performance indicators) driven goals
· Ensures and maintains all Customer and Company quality control and safety requirements
· Maintains and controls all company assets and customer inventory
· Analyzes operations and implements corrective actions
· Holds regular staff meetings for timely communications of Customer and corporate directives and or changes
· Completes reports that summarize all operational concerns (i.e., quality control, workload, system, and personnel needs)
· Develop, Build and track KPIs (key performance indicators)
· Travels to various locations in the Race service area. This includes overnight and week-long visits.
· Responsible for hiring, training, development, and performance management of all field technicians and their leads.
· Works closely with the Dispatch manager to ensure scheduling of all internal and subcontractor technicians is optimally executed and to ensure technicians are in the right place, at the right time, to meet customer needs.
· Manages field technician’s schedule, travel requirements, and timekeeping to ensure the team is staying within approved budget.
· Investigates, responds, and resolves escalated customer complaints in a timely manner.
· Works collaboratively with Dispatch, Customer Service and OSP (Outside Plant) to continuously identify opportunities for improvement and to develop and update standard operating procedures for the Field Tech Team.
· Produces and monitors reports that summarize all operational concerns (I.e., quality control, workload, system and personnel needs)
· Responds promptly to after hour calls for emergency outages. Midnight and weekend work can and will occur.
· Assists in the coordination, preparation, and maintenance of the capital and operating budgets.
· Knows, understands, and follows Race policies and procedures.
· Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
· Performs other duties/projects as requested by the Director of Field Operations.
What You'll Bring:
· Advanced understanding of Fiber Optic Networks, Telecom, and Video.
· A bachelor’s degree in electronics or related field is a plus.
· Strong background on building, developing, and tracking KPI’s
· Industry and vendor specific certifications and training are a plus (e.g., NCTI, SCTE).
· 5+ years of technical supervisory experience in the telecommunications industry.
· Geographical knowledge of service areas and ability to read maps.
· Ability to operate a laptop and Apple iPad with basic knowledge of Windows OS and MS Office programs.
· Fluent English required / Spanish is a plus.
· Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs in a customer focused manner.
· Excellent Communication skills - written and spoken.
· High degree of initiative and independence.
· Experience operating construction equipment and machinery.
· Ability to distinguish colors and audible tones.
· Ability to lift and move up to 75lbs.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced 24x7 environment - overtime, nights, and weekends may be required.
· Must have a valid driver’s license (for more than 3 years) and satisfactory DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) record.
· Must continuously maintain a satisfactory driving record that meets company standards.
Daily driving is expected.
The employee must lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. The employee is required to drive a vehicle.
As Part of our Team, you will Enjoy:
· Working to bridge the digital divide between rural and urban areas, providing much needed services to those who do not have access to reliable internet
· Working for a company that appreciates their employees; every member of the Race team is a part of a collaborative family
· Full benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision life, and 401 (k)
· Employer-matched 401k plan
Race Communications is an equal opportunity employer
Race Telecommunications LLC
BusinessView all jobs at Race Telecommunications LLC