- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
RZ Design Associates, Inc., an engineering firm with over 60 years of experience, is expanding its operations to the Tampa area. We are seeking individuals who will report to a central office location in Tampa.
As an Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for the development of electrical system construction documents, both drawings and specifications, for various projects from schematic design through construction administration. Other duties would include studies and investigations of electrical systems field investigation, and client interface. Perform field work, documentation and drafting tasks as needed to produce contract documents. Interface with clients and assist in business development efforts as needed. Maintain up to date working and technical knowledge of all procedural and improvement changes to computer hardware and software applications. Some familiarity with design in retail, restaurant, hospitality, medical facilities, municipal buildings, schools, assisted living, cannabis retail and distribution facilities, higher education facilities and mixed use.
· Prepare drawings detailing the systems designed.
· Work independently on analyzing all aspects involved in the building project, with respect to the design of the project’s electrical systems, utilizing professional and specialized knowledge for various facilities, including but not limited to commercial, retail, office buildings and housing
· In engineering, particularly in the areas of power systems, electrical and electronic circuits, engineering mechanics and electrical distribution systems, among others, to ensure that the designed structure/project are in line with clients’ requirements, within budget and project
· Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines/companies
· Review existing conditions survey and documentation including photographs, measurements, compiling existing drawings, and preparing base drawings
· Ensuring code compliance of applicable codes.
· Documenting electrical calculations for sizing equipment, conductors, and conduit
· Performing product research and documenting function and code compliance
· Report writing/specification preparation
· Attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them
· Perform initial field investigation, and construction inspection to support Construction Administrator (if necessary).
· Incorporate sustainable design methods in buildings
· Perform related or similar duties as required or assigned
· Maintains organizational skills to prioritize task and handle multiple projects
- 3-5 years of experience preferred for Electrical Engineer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred but not required
- AutoCAD/Revit modelling knowledge
- Proven interest in working in the field of mechanical systems.
- Electrical design firm related experience.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Organizational skills to prioritize tasks and handle multiple projects
- Valid driver’s license
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000 - $125,000
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 3 years
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Tampa, FL: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
RZ Design Associates, Inc.
1111 N. Westshore Blvd.Jacksonville, FL
Get fresh Associate Electrical Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.