Senior Systems Engineer - Level III (Project Engineer)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Systems Engineer – Level 3 (Projects)
- Review and fully comprehend project deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions
- Install, maintain and manage firewalls, switches and other network components
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot server issues
- Engages regularly with IT colleagues and assists in help desk with service tickets
- Escalation resource for service desk team members
- Adheres to security policies, initiatives, and compliance reporting
- Conducts high-level root-cause analysis for network interruptions, identifying possible solutions, and implementation
- Maintains network monitoring tools
- Travel onsite to local clients to implement project deliverables
- Onsight as needed to client locations to troubleshoot high level technical issues.
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned engineering projects
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications.
- Interact daily with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements and represent them in the field
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel’s performance) and report regularly on project status
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with project manager, internal sales team members and other project participants to provide status updates and technical support
- The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
Minimum Education Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related degree
- 2 additional years of professional exempt level IT technical experience in a similar role may substitute for the Bachelor’s degree
Min Experience Required:
- A minimum of four (4) years’ networking operations experience, including: Managing network routing
- CompTIA Network +, Security +
- Cisco CCNA, CCNP
Experience in the following areas:
- Static and Dynamic Routing
- Brand specific technology and protocols, Cisco, Cisco Meraki, SonicWall
- Utilizing network monitoring tools and OSI Layer for troubleshooting
- Connectwise Automate and Manage experience
- Windows 10
Knowledge Skills, Abilities
- Strong technical writing skills with proven experience in documenting System standards
- Strong practice and commitment for updating project tasks, hours and overall communication
- Knowledge of Cisco Call Manager Version 6+
- Experience supporting O365 Tenant
- Experience supporting/working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange e-mail
- Experience in/working knowledge of SSO
- Experience in/working knowledge of Cloud integration
- Experience in/working knowledge of SharePoint
- Strong implementation and systems integration background.
- Working knowledge of ‘Teams’ collaboration
- Ability to create and complete tasks, with minimal assistance, necessary to execute network
- Ability to understand written requirements, technical designs, requests, and test executions
- Ability to clearly express concerns or communicate need for business clarification on system change requests
- Ability to use Microsoft Office product suite
- Ability to mentor colleagues and work well with a team
- Skilled in customer service communication to be approachable and composed
RWK Design, Inc dba RWK IT ServicesWhy Work Here?
Put your organization and critical thinking skills to the test in a highly demanding and rewarding field.
RWK IT Services is a professional services consulting firm that empowers organizations to do what they do better. We bring the human element to IT and demystify technology, deliver right-sized solutions, from simple to complex and providing voice at the table of business decision-making. We serve business IT needs and provide solutions with balance. We specialize in - Managed, or Outsourced, IT Service for businesses - Cloud Services - and - Continuing Education automation systems Expertise in these three IT disciplines creates synergy and improved solutions for our clients.
9645 Lincolnway LaneFrankfort, IL
TechnologyView all jobs at RWK Design, Inc dba RWK IT Services