Vice President - Facilities/Construction Project Manager
Req #: 0000047464
Category: Plant and Engineering
Facility: RWJBarnabas Health Corporate Services
Plant Operations, 1 Robert Wood Johnson Pl, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
RWJNB's Design & Construction team is committed to excellence in planning, designing and constructing facilities that support RWJNB's mission. To accomplish this, they are seeking a Project Manager (PM) who will successfully implement large capital projects (typically in excess of 500M) with close collaboration between physicians, clinicians, stakeholders and staff by establishing a standard of quality in project management by assembling and coordinating teams of professionals.
Under general direction from the S.V.P. Facilities Management/Construction and input from the VP of Design & Construction, the PM manages all activities of a project that include planning, scope definition, budgeting, scheduling, logistics through the engagement of appropriate professionals (Architects, Engineers, Construction Managers, etc.) that will provide RWJNB end users with superior accommodations and equipment necessary at all RWJNB locations. Critical for success is the ability to manage approved funding, user expectations within defined timelines for operation.
- Responsible for the financial management of assigned project that can be in excess of 500M in total project costs.
- Plays critical role in formulation of construction budget; develops RFPs, negotiates terms and conditions with professional entities.
- Monitors performance to contract and recommends payment for appropriate services rendered in the project management system. This includes review and submission of all letters of approval, invoices, change orders, support documentation, etc. within established business procedures
- Establish agreed upon project expectations and adherence to the approved budget and work effectively with end user(s), Facilities Management colleagues such as Planning, Engineering, In-House Construction, etc. - and other necessary outside professionals (architects, engineers, developers, estimators, equipment planners, etc.) to establish the scope and budget for a project.
- Make frequent site visits to survey the progress of work on all construction and associated renovation projects to assure quality control.
- Coordinate all construction project logistical tasks, equipment and service procurement.
- Bachelor s Degree required
- Project Management experience is required
- Four (4) years of construction industry experience required preferably in the health care field
- Must possess and demonstrate knowledge in aspects of Design (all disciplines A,M,E,P,FP & Civil) and Construction (means & methods).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey and the state s second largest private employer with more than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and interns. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals, three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital).
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer