Senior Project Manager PMO
Walter Reed Hospital
SECRET or INTERIM SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED
WRNMMC IT Department has adopted a project management approach to its planning, prioritization and delivery of projects and programs by standing up a Project Management Office (PMO). The Sr. Project Manager will have a hand in overseeing PMO operations and assist in ensuring organizational standards are upheld and defined throughout the project management lifecycle. Specifically, the position provides support to all other units within the PMO and also manages directly a number of projects.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
1. Develops and implements PMO processes and policies, directs project management staff, and works with other department leaders to define, prioritize, and develop projects and programs
2. Assign and prioritize projects, monitor resource allocation, and set deadlines so that all active projects meet their respective goals.
3. Improve new and pre-existing processes, continually reevaluate whether each project is meeting the applicable standards and engage in problem solving with other PMs and Government stakeholders.
4. Manage a number of simultaneous IT projects from cradle to grave, to include project scheduling, cost tracking, vendor and stakeholder coordination, documentation, deliverables, reports, and closeout.
5. Must have sufficient technical competency to lead projects in the areas of data center infrastructure, telecommunications, service solutions and delivery, cybersecurity etc.
- Technical Capacity.
- Time Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires standing and walking. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4 p.m. with flexibility on that time range. Telework is not generally allowed.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Healthcare IT experience (preferably Federal)
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
· 7+ Years in Project Management for Information Technology organizations
· 5 Years in managerial role
· Experience working in a Project Management Office
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
Desired but not required Education and Experience
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
· Department of Defense SECRET Clearance
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.