RVI Watertown, SD
- Posted: 26 days ago
$1000 SIGN ON BONUS!*
Are you looking for stability in your career? Come join a company who has been around for over 24 years and is growing (even through COVID). RVI is a company that offers challenging and innovative work while working with some of the biggest players in technology and software.
Who is RVI? We are a company that offers extensive knowledge and expertise in the world of electronic screening and repair. To get a more in-depth understanding of who RVI is visit: https://www.rvi-inc.com
The General Manager has the primary responsibility of business results, including Sales, Marketing, Service & Support, as well as assisting with Operations and Engineering efforts of company in meeting strategic annual and long-term growth initiatives.
What does a General Manager do for RVI?
- Leads of a cross functional business unit team
- Offers sales, service, technical and client specific business solutions
- Empowers, selects, coaches, and retains qualified staff to meet goals and initiatives
- Creates and provides basic presentations
- Creates product awareness as well as brand awareness of service/product offering
- Develops an in-depth knowledge of product/service offerings enough to support operations and respond to client specific needs
- Grows, develops, risk mitigates, identifies opportunities, and supports business unit initiatives
- Community involvement
- Makes decisions to execute company policies and implement department/plant procedures
- Provide direction and guidance to subordinates, including working standards and monitoring performance
- Perform other work as required or needed in support of overall manufacturing efforts
What are we looking for in a good candidate? Someone who:
- Has the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously, planning and scheduling work and activities to routinely meet demand and schedule parameters and manage time efficiently
- Can build, develop, and empower high performance team environment in a scalable manner
- Has the ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate others, maintain a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization
- Can coordinate with other departments/divisions of the organization to ensure production resources (labor, materials, equipment) match production demand
- Can effectively manage in a fast-paced environment with a work force consisting of varying skill levels
- Can Identify creative ways to offer business solutions while mitigating risk and maintaining profits
- Can perform all tasks in a safe and responsible manner
- Has effective organization and communication skills
- Is a self-starter with strong leadership and team building skills
- Has knowledge of hazards and safety precautions
- The ability to multitask and effective time management skills
- Has the ability to develop and implement improvement changes pertaining to the strategic business plan unaided.
- Is willing to travel
- Is computer literate
- Has a Bachelor's Degree or MBA (preferred)
- 5 Years of leadership experience (project, people, sales, other)
Many tasks include their own work and /or the review of work of others in the department. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
*See RITALKA 2021 GROW Program for details
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
RetailView all jobs at RVI