Manager of Customer Support
RTP Corp. is the industry technology leader in critical control and safety systems that protect people and equipment when hazardous conditions arise in chemical, oil, gas, and power plants. Our products are used by a number of large companies both domestic and international and that list is growing. Our office is located in Pompano Beach, Florida.
· Supports customers by telephone, e-mail and other communication possibilities
· Advises customers on technical solutions
· Prepare quotations in line with customer technical requirements and company pricing guidelines.
· Provide remote marketing and support (flyers, articles, Web pages update, etc.)
· Supports customers for seminars and in house visits
· Provide training to customers on product
· Initiates and implements corrective action as needed.
· Receives, evaluates and verifies customer requests.
· Initiates required action for response to customer service requests for customer inquiries.
· Answers customer inquiries and resolves issues in a timely and professional manner.
· Enters information into computer system for tracking, data gathering and troubleshoots customer issues.
· Update and manage technical requirement documentation in accordance with company policy.
· Ensures all urgent issues are processed and follows through ensuring appropriate response to customer.
· Escalates customer issues if necessary to more senior team members.
· Communicates with departments on all customer issues, updates, and requirements.
· Keeps current on new products, product information and services.
· Communicate shipment schedules internally and externally.
· Perform internal and vendor quality audits
· Support certification of RTP products by third party such as TÜV
· Supervises one or more employees.
· Some travel required.
· Energetic, curious, resourceful, highly creative and self-motivated. Able to thrive in a fast-moving and sometimes ambiguous environment.
· Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
· Excellent autonomous problem solving ability.
· Excellent ability to bring a sense of customer-focus and professional ethics to all things.
· Able to continuously exhibit the highest levels of professional discretion as a technical representative of RTP in all customer relationships.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Demonstrates ownership, initiative, clear thinking, self-motivation and proven leadership capabilities
· Candidate must have strong oral & written communication skills in English to include the ability to provide group presentations in a seminar environment and capable to coordinate highly technical discussions with product development and project engineering teams
· Excellent time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
· General understanding of nuclear power plant operation and regulations as well as the basics of control valves and applications
· Preference given to candidates with technical experience in control or safety system with significant levels of direct customer interaction.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or demonstrable equivalent work experience.
RTP Corp. is an established company with a strong reputation in critical control and safety applications. Our control products have been purchased and installed by major global customers for more than 50 years. To find out more about RTP Corp. please visit our web site at www.rtpcorp.com.