- Posted: over a month ago
We are a Michigan-based cannabis extraction and purification facility seeking a Packaging Technician for the packaging of marijuana infused edibles for both the medicinal and recreational cannabis markets. The Packaging Technician carries out day-to-day tasks including prepping and cleaning of packaging areas, as well as maintaining a safe working environment, adhering to GMP and FDA standards. The Packaging Technician will assist the Food Production Supervisor in packaging marijuana infused edible products for shipment in accordance with state and local laws as well as Green Sprout Labs standards. The position will also help with general food production as needed. This position is located in Bangor, MI.
Production Packaging [60%]
- Packaging of daily production of baked goods, chocolates and confections.
- Processes pre-roll material to finish packaging.
- Organize and inventory packaging supplies at the facility.
- Perform preventive and general maintenance tasks on production equipment and tools.
- Clean all containers, materials, supplies, work areas, and other areas using designated cleaning solutions and tools.
- Mark and label containers, tags, and products using provided logs.
- Properly use and maintain all tools and equipment.
- Demonstrate an adequate understanding of packaging and shipping techniques, including first in, first out.
- Packaging of finished goods.
- Shipping and receiving of raw materials and finished good.
- Perform scheduled periodic cleaning tasks per directions from the Food Production Supervisor.
- Food Production [40%]
- Help with daily production of baked goods, chocolates and confections.
Required Experience, Education, and Skills
- 0-2 years' experience in food manufacturing, commercial kitchen, and/or operation that adheres to strict health and safety policies and procedures such as food, packaging, contract packaging or manufacturing environment. Preferably a regulated field producing products for human consumption.
- Willing to submit and pass a criminal background check. A pending charge or conviction within the past 10 years for a controlled substance-related felony may invalidate hiring eligibility unless written permission is given by the licensing agency.
- Food Handler Certification required; must be able to earn by start of employment.
- Strong interpersonal skills including excellent communication, ability to listen, empathize, be flexible in his/her thinking, and able to follow through on tasks assigned to them.
- Strong and effective task-management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to stand for at least 6 hours per day and lift up to 50 pounds to torso level is necessary.
- Must be 21+ years of age.
Desired Experience, Education, and Skills
- Experience in a food manufacturing or commercial kitchen environment.
- Previous marijuana industry experience preferred with priority given to candidates with experience in licensed facilities.
- Ability to use standard office equipment, basic computer skills.
- Proven track record of good attendance and punctuality.
- Successful applicants will have demonstrated the following attributes: A commitment to learning, a willingness to work in an environment founded on open and honest communication, a strong work ethic, and a willingness to be a team player in a start-up environment.
If this sounds like you and you want to earn between $13-16.00 an hour based on experience, then we want to meet you! Please reply with your resume and wage requirement. This isn't just a job; it's an exciting career opportunity to enter an evolving industry in cannabis. We are searching for an energetic person to join our team for a long term relationship.
RTMC Holdings LLC
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at RTMC Holdings LLC