RTI International is seeking clinically trained individuals to conduct clinical interviews for the National Study of Mental Health. This study will provide information on the prevalence of mental and substance use disorders in the United States.
These are hourly positions and clinical interviewers will be hired as temporary staff members working part time. This is a long-term project running from October 2020 to December 2021. Applicants must be available for the duration of the study, and able to work for 6-10 hours a week.
This is a great opportunity for individuals who are interested in working from home in the nontraditional office environment. Clinical Interviewers will be conducting virtual interviews as well as conducting in-person interviews in their communities in places such as: households, prisons, hospitals, and homeless shelters as circumstances allow in 2021. Applicants should feel comfortable in both styles of interviewing.
- Attend a virtual project training.
- Complete 1-3 practice interviews and receive feedback on your performance prior to the start of data collection.
- Conduct 2-3 clinical interviews per week using equipment for virtual interviewing provided by RTI.
- Participate in weekly conference calls to keep clinical interviewing skills sharp.
- Be available and responsive for case assignments with 24-hour notice.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Have a master’s, doctoral degree, or be currently enrolled in a doctoral program in clinical or counseling psychology, social work, or a similar field, or a medical degree with a specialty in psychiatry
- Have experience performing clinical assessments in highly impaired populations
- Be available an average of 6-10 hours per week for scheduling and conducting interviews with eligible respondents and completing administrative tasks between November 2020 and December 2021
- Attend a virtual project training from October 22 to November 6. Candidates may choose one of two 4-hour sessions each day. No training will be held on Wednesday, October 28th or Wednesday, November 4th. All equipment will be provided.
Preferred Qualifications for Ideal Candidates:
- Experience administering the SCID clinical interview in clinical or research settings;
- Experience assessing and/or treating serious mental illness in adults, including psychotic disorders;
- Experience assessing and/or treating adults via video (e.g., telehealth or virtual interviewing);
- Experience and/or willingness to conduct interviews in hospitals, prisons, and/or homeless shelters as circumstances allow in 2021 (including passing a background check).
Clinical interviewers will be paid $59 per hour for conducting interviews and for all other study-related activities once they have completed training.
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach—one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world. For more information, visit www.rti.org
Physical and mental demands of this role include those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, as outlined above. Examples include: operating a computer, a phone, and other office machinery, driving to households; walking from car to household; thinking, learning, and concentrating effectively and frequently communicating with other people, both within RTI and outside of RTI; frequently moving about inside and travel between households; ability to handle the stress associated in meeting frequent, multiple and tight deadlines;, ability to work a varied schedule, including evening and weekend hours based on project needs; consistent demonstration of mental stability and ability to have regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job, per RTI procedure 4.2.1.
For USA Job Postings Only: RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program. Further information regarding the E-Verify program and laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be found at https://www.rti.org/jobs.
For San Francisco, CA USA Job Postings Only: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Further information is available here.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available here.
RTI InternationalRTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Our vision is to address the world's most critical problems with science-based solutions in pursuit of a better future. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach—one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development.
Oklahoma City, OK