RT America is looking to hire an experienced Art Director to join its Washington DC headquarters. The ideal candidate will be responsible for on-air graphics production and operations. These responsibilities include overseeing both the Graphics team as well as the operations of graphics within all shows.
The Art Director will work with producers and other editorial team members to create in-promo graphics, enhance channel branding, develop presentations and innovate motion graphic content. The position also requires working closely with the News Director on long term projects and special assignments.
The Art Director will have a proven aptitude for design, balancing aesthetic elements and conveying information effectively through visual and graphic means. The candidate will also have a fundamental understanding of the entire production process and strong post-production skills.
· Supervise the Graphics team by assigning daily tasks and projects, oversee schedules and approve Paid Time Off.
· Facilitate communication and workflow between shows, departments and the Graphics team.
· Train Graphics team and Graphics operators in graphics production of all shows.
· Lead collaboration among the Graphics team, initiating brainstorming sessions and generating creative concepts to elevate the quality of the motion graphic animation and styling in RT America’s video products.
· Create high impact graphics and compose 2D and 3D animation used for final production; produce high quality motion graphics/branding designs.
· Create storyboards, development and communication of creative solutions and application of ideas.
· Conceptualize/brainstorm on projects based on the creative brief or assignment/tasks; create and expand ideas from concept into actual brand graphic packages.
· Assist other department sections in execution of graphic and related creative materials at peak times.
· Recruitment, research & hiring for possible openings within the graphics department
· Enforce company protocols as well as those established within the department.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree qualification in Visual Communication, Graphics Design, Motion Graphics, Multimedia etc.
· 5 years of Broadcast Design industry experience and VizRT artist experience.
· 3 years of management experience.
· Must have a solid proof of Motion Graphics Design. Must submit demo reel and portfolio.
· Excellent time management skills and ability to work under tight deadlines.
· Able to thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment and take direction from the Creative Director and Management.
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team; effective leadership.
· Strong communicator with visual, verbal, pitch and writing skills.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Good sense of composition and sound design.
· Mastery of Cinema 4D and Adobe Creative Suite.
· Health, dental, vision coverage
· Generous paid leave policies including PTO allowance for vacation, personal, or sick days; six holidays observed
· Cell phone allowance