As a Tax Supervisor in our Credits, Incentives & Methods (CIM) practice, you will be responsible for the following job duties, which are focused around two core concepts: your technical & quality expertise, and delivering excellent client service:
- Demonstrate an understanding of federal, multi-state, and local credit and incentive programs
- Assist clients with reducing investment costs by unlocking and securing favorable incentives packages
- Understand and apply changes in state legislature, tax research, consulting and compliance as it relates to multi-state specialties
- Leverage technical skills, including identifying, applying and securing applicable credit and incentive programs
- Work on multiple complex issues while communicating in a non-technical manner to facilitate communication between the client and the service team while managing the risk for both the client and the firm
- Interact directly with clients handling questions, planning, concerns, etc.
- Develop, motivate, and train staff level team members
- Performing, documenting, summarizing, and reviewing research conclusions regarding specific tax issues
- Remain up-to-date on current tax practices and changes in tax law
- Other duties as assigned
- Some travel may be required
- BA/BS Degree - preferably in Accounting or related field of study
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a public accounting environment
- Ability to work closely with clients to answer questions or to collect necessary information for tax service requirements
- Comprehensive understanding of tax law/rules and implications
- Experience preparing and reviewing returns
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Masters of Accounting
- CPA, JD, LLM, or EA
- Experience with a national or large regional accounting firm
- Working knowledge of tax code and technical aspects of tax preparation and compliance
- Strong technical skills in accounting and tax preparation, industry specialization is a plus
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.