As a Tax Supervisor for Income and Franchise Tax consulting within the high-performing RSM State and Local Tax (SALT) practice, you will be responsible for the following job duties
- Ability to integrate with clients and the overall tax team to review state tax returns and provide state tax consulting - including nexus studies, apportionment and sourcing analysis, voluntary disclosures and merger and acquisition consulting and other state tax consulting.
- Be able to provide written technical advice in the form of technical memos or other technical forms
- Responsible for managing a team of 5 - 7 State and Local Tax associates and seniors
- Providing timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations with tax advice and consultation that enable clients to increase shareholder value
- Manage tax assignments and related projects
- Plan and coordinate the flow of information with the client
- Supervise, mentor and develop staff members
- Review work papers and tax returns
- Review tax provisions on audit and review engagements
- Research and resolve technical issues
- Develop specialized State and Local Tax knowledge as a firm expert within the Manufacturing, Wholesale and Distribution, Government Contractor, and Construction/Real Estate industries, Consumer Products
- Expected to recognize opportunities for providing additional services to clients, marketing technical specialty or expertise to clients
- Expected to be the client point of contact for multiple engagements. Manager will be the face of State and Local Tax for their clients
- Responsible for overall management of the engagement
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or closely related field from an accredited college or university
- CPA, JD, or LLM in Taxation
- Minimum of 4 years of experience providing income and franchise tax consulting services in a Public Accounting, Consulting, or Law firm
- Strong analytical, problem solving, detail oriented and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel up to 25%
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.