As a Tax Manager, Sales and Use Tax, for RSM you will be responsible for the following job duties which are focused around three core concepts (Technical & Quality Expertise, People & Talent Management, and Client Service/Business Development):
- Provide excellent client sales and use tax advisory and planning services to multi-state companies - approximately 60% of your time
- Drive growth and profitability of State and Local tax practice by generating new revenue on existing client portfolio, cross selling and new clients for the tax practice - approximately 30% of your time
- Serve as a Career Advisor, mentor or coach to one or more employees, which will include providing honest and timely performance feedback - approximately 10% of your time
- Ability to integrate with clients, local and regional RSM SALT teams, the overall RSM tax team, and RSM audit and consulting colleagues
- Manage the following types of sales and use tax consulting projects; technical research memoranda, nexus studies, exposure quantification, voluntary disclosures and other sales tax mitigation strategies, audit defense and appeals, reverse sales tax audits and other sales tax refunds, ASC 450 reviews, due diligence, and other state tax consulting projects
- Lead and manage the business relationship of complex engagements with a focus on high-value, quality tax advice and seek to expand services to clients
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell various SALT opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or closely related field from an accredited college or university
- CPA, CMI, JD or LLM required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience providing sales and use tax consulting services in a public accounting, consulting or law firm
- Possess thorough knowledge of a variety of state and local sales and use tax laws, regulations, policies and procedures, as well as tax planning, restructuring, due diligence, audit defense, reverse audits and state controversy work
- Ability to work closely with clients to answer questions or to collect necessary information for tax service requirements
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- CPA, JD or CMI
- Project management and critical thinking skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize multiple assignments
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.