Account Manager - Sales - Generous Base + Commission!
RSM Facility Solutions Paramus, NJ
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Account Executive - Sales
Base + Commission!
The Account Executive is responsible for building, developing, and nurturing the relationship between RSM Maintenance and the company’s existing clients. Responsible for the ongoing management and long-term development of the client relationship. This includes fostering client relationships at multiple levels across all locations, understanding client needs and organizational environment, supporting and managing client communications as necessary to support the RSM/client relationship and ensure that there is a positive client perception and value (periodic check-in calls, business reviews and analysis, sharing of industry news, innovations, insights and trends, sharing of RSM news etc). The Account Executive will work as a partner with the Client Service Team to ensure that client needs are being met and that RSM continues to provide a strong value proposition to the client. The Account Executive will work with the Sales team to seek out additional business opportunities within the client company or through referrals to other companies. Subject matter expert on the client organization and client structure.
· Act as the lead point for relationship management for assigned clients.
· Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Develop an understanding of the company’s overarching role in serving the Facilities, Maintenance, and Project needs of our 200+ clients
- Take ownership of the designated client accounts, managing a ‘book of business’ through their SLAs (Service Level Agreements), RFIs (Request For Information), and RFPs (Request For Proposals) processes and requirements
- Understand, interpret, and accommodate varied KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) as dictated by the designated clients
- Consistently review designated existing client accounts, identifying opportunities for new business ventures and upselling services to better serve their needs, with the goal of making RSM Maintenance their first call, their best resource, and most trusted business partner
· Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profit
· Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
· Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
· Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
· Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to exceed sales quotas
· Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
· Prepare reports on account status
· Identify and grow opportunities within territory and collaborate with sales teams to ensure growth attainment
· Assist with high severity requests or issue escalations as needed
· Develop and promote processes & procedures that will support client retention and satisfaction across all RSM clients
· Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels.
· Supporting the team in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
· Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
· Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts. Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
· Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts
· Proactively leads a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one and three-year period.
· Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
· Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
Duties of the Account Manager include:
· Leading, training, and managing other members of the account team on matters that relate to the RSM/client relationship and dealing with any issues that may arise.
· Responsible for managing several accounts and often being the face of the company to many clients.
· Championing the customer/client at all levels internally and training Account Managers to efficiently represent the customer.
· Achieving sales targets and goals
· Building business relationships using existing industry contacts.
· Managing RSM’s client relationships and providing clients with excellent service and support.
· Feeding back all suggestions for improvement and market research to senior staff.
· Ensuring senior staff are aware of all competitive activities within accounts and preventing attrition.
· The Account Manager maintains and expands relationships with strategically important customers.
· The Account Manager represents the entire range of company products and services to assigned customers, ensuring assigned customers’ needs and expectations are met by the company.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES · ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
· Achieves assigned sales quota in designated strategic accounts.
· Meets assigned expectations for profitability.
· Achieves strategic customer objectives defined by company
· Completes strategic customer account plans that meet company
· Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company
service resources, and other sales and management resources as
· Closely coordinates company executive involvement with client
· Works closely with PM teams to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution.
Experience and Skills Required
· Strong managerial skills: task/project management, time management, and people management
· A self-starter, able to thrive in a satellite office environment with limited in-person direct supervision while still producing expected results
· Problem solving, analysis, and resolution; makes strategic and effective decisions in the best interest of our clients and our company, taking care to objectively process information
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, at all levels within and outside the organization
· Customer service experience, preferably in a retail, restaurant, or related environment
· Experience with Facilities Management, repairs & maintenance, and construction projects, preferably in a retail or restaurant environment; familiarity with facilities and construction trades & processes
· Strong computer skills: proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. and ability to learn and adapt to new software
· A basic understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and practices
· Ability to read and interpret construction documents
· Knowledge of FM industry business and passion for monitoring trends in the industry
· Ability to quickly separate the mission-critical tasks from lower priority tasks; focuses on the most value-added projects of the day or week
· Flexible, with a positive attitude and passion for knowledge
· Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Possesses focused attention to detail and solid organizational & prioritization skills, with the ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
· Makes strategic and effective decisions in the best interest of our clients and our company, taking care to objectively process
· Ability to travel up to 10% a year, based on the needs of the business
This position does not have direct-report supervisory responsibility but does serve as a coach and mentor within the Account team as well as for other positions within the company.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This job takes place primarily in an open-space office environment with considerable background noise and disturbances.
We look forward to your application!
RSM Facility Solutions
RSM Facility Solutions delivers measurable savings and solutions to our clients. We pride ourselves on our timely response to service needs and on keeping our clients updated in real-time fashion through daily communication and customizable reporting. These updates can be provided to multiple business partners at all levels from local management to district, regional and corporate stakeholders. Our goal is to work with each client individually and to tailor our service to meet their unique business needs.
BusinessView all jobs at RSM Facility Solutions